• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05' Vector bog at 8000rpms? Help please!

CENA

Expert
Hello, everyone. I have been having a problem with my 05' Vector. After its all warmed up and running fine and I get on the straight aways, running at about 8000 rpm for a while, the motor will start to gag like it is loading up or something. Twice when it started gaging and I let off the throttle it completely shut down. No sputtering or nothing, just like hitting the kill switch. Each time it has done this it has only acted up once during the trips and then for the rest of the day no problems. I don't get it. Seems like it gets to much fuel for some reason and loads up. Other times when it does this, I drive slow around 40-55 mph and it will clear up and be fine again. I have had the carbs checked and cleaned by two proffessional mechanics this month and nothing has changed. The mechanics found nothing out of the ordinary. I used to be able to start the sled at full choke, wait about 5 seconds and take the choke off and it would warm up nicely. Now if I do that or leave the choke on longer it loads up and almost dies. When I take the choke off it barely idles during warm up. Don't know if it could be related or not. Any help would be appreciated!

hello there my rage was doing something like that , then i changed my cv springs located on top the carbs and bam i got the rpms back and power was awsome!

Make sure the Carbs are fully seated into the rubber boots and the clamps are tight on both ends of the carbs. Mine loosened up and it took me a while to find the problem . It acted almost the same way.

There are cv springs under the top of the carbs but I have never had one go bad.

Yes. I looked at that already. Everything is correct. Two professional mechanics just checked everything out last month and went through the carbs.

RULE NO. 1

RX and RS carbed engines, :carbs:

if that doesn't fix it, clean them again, if the mechanics went through it, especially if mechanics went thru. More than likely they used a fuel additive that cleaned well and may have left a little behind.

Indy said:
RULE NO. 1

RX and RS carbed engines, :carbs:

if that doesn't fix it, clean them again, if the mechanics went through it, especially if mechanics went thru. More than likely they used a fuel additive that cleaned well and may have left a little behind.

It is not a carb cleaning issue. They have been cleaned last year and twice this year within a few weeks by two different mechanics.

Carbs have been cleaned and synced. They can't get any cleaner. Twice in a few weeks. Somebody mentioned CV Springs? What is the function of the CV springs?

I cant tell you how many times this comes up, and almost always its the carbs. It really doesnt matter if the carbs were cleaned an hour ago, if the sled is not running correctly, you clean the carbs.

Why do you think EVERY response says the same thing, CARBS? Couldn't be experience could it?

Make sure the tank vent line is clear. The fuel pump is not normally a problem on these sleds but the carbs are, especially with the fuel we run these days. Any mods or accessories?

My 07 Vector ran like crap for two years, dealers and friends keep saying, clean the carbs, clean the carbs,which I did repeatedly untill the warranty ran out. Then I found out it was a valve problem, Yamaha stepped up to the plate big time and helped me out. I know Yammi has had move valve guide issues on these motors than what they want to admit. Could a valve be hanging-up causing it to load-up?

If it were a valve problem, wouldn't it be doing this all the time, and not just at between 75 and 80 miles an hour?

Back