• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 vector runs hot?

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
did the vectors have over heating issues?? I just bought an 05 and it over heated 2 times while me warrior had no issues... just wondering. thanks!

I had mine overheat when it was new. The dealer had the track on so tight that that hifax melted around the clips, and they also forgot to bleed the cooling system. I haven't had a problem since. If your going slow on a hardpack trail for quite a while, the light will come on, just find some loose snow for the track to kick up onto the heat exchanger.

hot vector

Not enough snow for cooling..you need to get into the loose snow on the side of the trailor install a rear heat exchanger about 90. + 1 1/2 hr. install. normt

thanks guys... it has a shorter flap too so I think the granular conditions were to blame. I was just surprised that my warrior didnt have issues and hers did.

dexter said:
thanks guys... it has a shorter flap too so I think the granular conditions were to blame. I was just surprised that my warrior didnt have issues and hers did.

Make sure there is no air trapped in the system and also check the antifreeze/water ratio. Most were way too high which would lower the cooler capability.

My light came on first time I rode mine. Added 50/50 premix and that was the first and last time while riding that it came on. Now, if you let it sit at idle too long it will come on also. In my opinion, if you add the 50/50 you won't need a rear heat exchanger. I have rode in some very nasty no snow conditions with no problems. (You know the ones, the plowed rodes with no snow and such!)

I bought an '05 Rage leftover in January and had the cooling light come on during a few rides. One was marginal snow conditions while I thought the others were not. Yamaha installed a rear heat exchanger and the problem went away, even in marginal conditions.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Never had a problem with my 05 except if you let it idle for a long amount of time.

Me too.I rode on a lot low snow conditions and glare ice.
I bleed my system right when I got the sled though.

Did your Warrior have an tunnel heat exchanger?

I installed a temp gage after a number of times where my light would come. I wanted some sort of warning other than some idiot light. Now I don't know how accurate my temp gage is, but the light would come on at just over 210 degrees for me.

Hard pack or icy conditions, road running, short flaps all contribute to a higher than normal temperatures. Try to find loose snow whenever possible, or maybe add some ice scratchers for those icy and hard packed snow condition days.

My vector had the light on a number of times. I did the rear cooler

however, on my Apex I solved the problem by installing a fresh 55% antifreeze mix and 1/2 a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter and no rear cooler. Cheap and effective as I have never had the light come on again.

A rear cooler is really the only way to keep this sled running cool all the time. They do tend to run warm if you are not in good snow conditions.

Back