• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex bars

bars

Go to your dealer, they did a recall on the original 06 bars and some of them still have the take offs laying around, my dealer had about 10 sets and I picked one up today and just came in from testing them. Can you say INFERNO. They work and it is simple plug and play, I'd recommend a 2" riser if you want to keep stock height as the 06 bars are lower. Don't wait because as soon as more people catch on to this they will be hard to find.

I'm not sure that would be a bolt on fix for your issue, as the resistance is different for many different sleds. I'm not an electrical engineer by wny means, but here is a thread from a member that took the time to figure out a fix, and documented his efforts well. This should tell you how to get your handwarmers up and going!
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

nate007 said:
I'm not sure that would be a bolt on fix for your issue, as the resistance is different for many different sleds. I'm not an electrical engineer by wny means, but here is a thread from a member that took the time to figure out a fix, and documented his efforts well. This should tell you how to get your handwarmers up and going!
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

LOL, the apex bars DO work. Long term usage we don't know yet. Some of us only have a year on that mod with HOT hands , hopefully this year will be just as trouble free. They are plug in and play even for the non-mechanical person..

topgun

As Topgun will confirm it definitely works and if he has a year on and no problems I'd say we can't have a better field test. Simple plug and play, no re-wiring required. For those of you concerned about doing damage keep your old bars if you cook your ECU (not likely) plug the old bars back in and off to the dealer. If you want to play electrical engineer and start hacking into your wiring and adding this and that feel free but you are just as likely to do damage and it will be alot harder to cover your tracks. It can't be any easier, if Yamaha hasn't done anything to fix the problem and we have to take our own steps to do so then they should honour any warranty issues that may result, come on we aren't talking turbos and superchargers here just handlebars. It works, thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: topgun

twiz28 said:
As Topgun will confirm it definitely works and if he has a year on and no problems I'd say we can't have a better field test. Simple plug and play, no re-wiring required. For those of you concerned about doing damage keep your old bars if you cook your ECU (not likely) plug the old bars back in and off to the dealer. If you want to play electrical engineer and start hacking into your wiring and adding this and that feel free but you are just as likely to do damage and it will be alot harder to cover your tracks. It can't be any easier, if Yamaha hasn't done anything to fix the problem and we have to take our own steps to do so then they should honour any warranty issues that may result, come on we aren't talking turbos and superchargers here just handlebars. It works, thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Ummm...........thats EXACTLY what I'm sayin ! :4STroke:

Cool guys, I've seen a few different posts about various fixes for handwarmers, Just not too many on the Nytro's yet.
Thanks for the correction.

Back