• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer HELP!!!

dox06

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 SW XTX SE
17 G4 Gade 850
OK guys here is my issue. My wife, love her to death, until we go out on our family rides. She has a 07 Phazer 121, base model. On good hard packed trails she has no problem riding the sled and goes right along with no problem, roughly 50 to 60 mph. Get on loose packed trails or trails that have been run a little bit with no real good base and she fights to keep the #*$&@ end planted. Grant it she weighs a hole hundred and ten pounds with her gear on, so she does not have a lot of #*$&@ to plant the sled.

The sled has plenty of ski pressure to hold the skis down, but when she gets out of the throttle the track wiggles from side to side, which freaks her out and she SLOWS WAY down.

Hoarer story, I took my wife, son and a buddy with his wife and kid up to the UP here a couple of weeks ago for a little get away end of the season ride with the family. Trails were awesome, snow was great. Rode from the Soo up and around to the falls for dinner. Going there was good, when we left the falls it started snowing with flakes about the size of baseballs. (My buddy and I thought it was great) My wife not so much. So in a short time the trails had a couple inches of new snow. (This is where it goes bad) So the short 68 mile trip back to the falls should only take roughly an hour and a half or so. 4 hours later we rolled into the Soo. 17 to 19 miles an hour! I was to the point of hooking her sled to mine with a toe strap and just pulling her back!!! I put her on my XTX for the last 18 miles and she was able to speed up to 30mph, but oh my gosh. :die

I need help with the set up on this sled!!!!! On hard packed no issues! On loose snow, need help BAD!! The track wants to slide from side to side. Track is stock track with 96 studs down the middle. ( I rode the sled the last 18 miles on the loose trails and felt the same thing) Plenty of ski pressure, but nothing on the track when you lift the throttle.

I have the front shocks turned all the way down to the lightest setting. The front rear shock turned almost all the way down. And the limiter straps have never been changed!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o| :o|

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Take a look at this post. I have a friend that has the same problem with Base Phazer. There is no adjustablity in those cheap shocks. I find no matter how light you try and set the shocks its way to stiff and the handling suffers.

You can try changing the spindle bushing to the inside , this will make the ski stance about 2" wider. Maybe shim the ski rubbers if you have some darting. Next I would find some Skidoo shocks like in the post above.

DGZRT

Ride

Is that the same issue???? I have no problem changing shocks if that will cure the wiggle she gets when she lets off the throttle. When I rode the sled I noticed the same issues. Front end stays straight and planted, where the rear end sways side to side. And I have a hundred pounds on my wife.

Thoughts??????

The stock track is the problem. Get a FreeRide track and the wiggle will go away. A Ulmer clutch kit also helps since it lessons Engine braking. What happens is the engine braking causes the track to lose traction.

cannondale27 said:
The stock track is the problem. Get a FreeRide track and the wiggle will go away. A Ulmer clutch kit also helps since it lessons Engine braking. What happens is the engine braking causes the track to lose traction.

X2

cannondale27 said:

X3 I went to a 1.75 Backcountry studded and the phazer stays planted wether in 10 inches of powder or bare ice.

cannondale27 said:

This is the problem. Freeride is the fix!

yamahas said:
cannondale27 said:

This is the problem. Freeride is the fix!

I agree with these guys as well, but he is studded. Do we really think he should have that sort of wiggle with a studded stock track?

I was going to pipe up when I first read the post, but then he pointed out he had 96 studs up the middle.

Although, on that same note, on packed trails with Woody's Dooley's with my Freeride, I would still like to have studs if I knew what was best with the freeride. It has just a bit too much ski pressure, so the rear end gets loose. But that only happens on hard packed trails. Any loose snow, and it is perfect.

Good luck either way.

Sled

So we are thinking the track with resolve the wiggle that the sled has. There is no wiggle on hard packed only loose snow. It almost feels like this is to much ski pressure, thus the reason the ski stay planted and the rear wiggles all around..

track

Ok I will look to order up a track. Hopefully that takes care of it. My wife loves the sled on the hard pack, but scares the sh-- out of her on loose snow.

Thanks

Back