• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Convinced the wife to go riding this season

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
And it's been like ten years since she last rode and swore off riding. This may or may not have been due to low snow conditions where I should have turned around. Junior convinced her to come riding on the lake this year so hopefully she will.make it to the trails.

Anyways, we got three sleds and of course all of them are either rr's or the tcat with a tune and PM. I'm lucky enough that I got atac on the tcat so I figured I set that up to soft and go with the 240 tune. It has a heated seat and brake lever and I will put gauntlets on it. Plus I'm picking up an extra tall windshield. The goal is to keep her as warm and comfortable as possible.

Two problems though.

The exhaust is a 2.5 hurricane trail muffler and I typically ride with ear plugs. Can I put a drone killer cap on the end of it? I doubt she will even get into boost.

How should I set up the front shock coil to make it as comfortable as possible? Tighten it up a half inch? And what should I set my adjustable coupler block to? I have the racerwex that has seven positions on it. Thinking less ski pressure would be ideal.

What model? Are you going to just leave it set up for her?
It's a 2019 so no eps.

I will likely still ride it so it will have to be something that I can move back and forth. Unless she enjoys it and wants to come out more then I will set it up for her.

An se? Does it have QS 3 shocks? How much does she way with gear? Stock skis? Trying to understand what you have compared to how I set my wife’s sled up.

If she’s like mine I got her a sled with a decent size windsheild and her first words were, we need to put sportier windsheild on that looks gay. Lol.

The 2.5 trail muffler you need earplugs for? It’s really not that loud. I’ve been in groups and had people stopped for exhaust and they just wave me past. And it’s an anything but stock is illegal thing.

Bop manual power steering maybe an option, I dislike gauntlets for the fact of I don’t want my hands locked into where the bars are for whatever reason. Plus signaling to my group behind me and oncoming. Or if for some reason I have a hand off the bar to open a helmet vent, or sheild or something and then I can’t get my hand back to the bar because that floppy bag is in the way. Some people love them tho.

care_bear (gf) did not like the gauntlets at all.

i had this set
1697144043289.png
on the sled with the different mount in blue and black.

i put these
1697144125503.png
on the same mount as the above set with some mods with a file to get them to fit properly. she is much happier with them as she hated all the gauntlets, even with the window, as she hated not seeing the controls.

this is a pic of the mount style i use.
1697144322987.png

An se? Does it have QS 3 shocks? How much does she way with gear? Stock skis? Trying to understand what you have compared to how I set my wife’s sled up.
It's an iqs model

I know better than to ask her weight but let's just say she weighs less than me and rides no where near as aggressive rider.

I regards to earplugs. I always wear them noe do to wind noise.

I have those power madd guards on it.

I would consider swapping out the torsion springs for something softer. For my SW, I swapped to Hygear twisted torsion spring and that made a big difference with initial sag and a less harsh rebound when I did hit a hard mogul. Not a lot of $ and fairly easy install.

Back