• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 apex ltx not starting.

i didn't know that. might just be a ground block issue if they have never been done.
Possible as there has to be a good ground supply to the ignition switch which is the black wire.

I didn't let it run to long wasn't sure if it was a good idea to. For the ground it's grounded to the one starter bolt from the battery. Should I let it run for bit? I'll jump the solenoid tomorrow.
No, that's the live.

There's one from the solenoid to the starter then there's a seperate ground from the battery to the bolt that mounts the starter to the side of the engine. That's how it is on mine anyways.

There's one from the solenoid to the starter then there's a seperate ground from the battery to the bolt that mounts the starter to the side of the engine. That's how it is on mine anyways.
Correct, I read your other post wrong.
But we are talking about how the starter solenoid gets ground in order to close the circuit.

I missed the ground block with all the black wires. I'm going to check that tonight.

I jumped the starter and the sled runs fine. No hesitation nothing.

Then it sounds like that used starter relay you got was bad.

I'm going to buy a new tomorrow and put it in and see what happens.

If purchasing new, ensure you get the correct one for an Apex/4 cylinder and not the one for Vector & Venture/3 cylinder:

Apex:
5LW-81940-02-00

Venture/Vector:
4DN-81940-12-00

The used one I got was for a venture I believe. The power terminal was on the other side. There not interchangeable? Some of the posts I've read in here say that you can. I'm newer to the Yamaha 4 strokes.

There not interchangeable? Some of the posts I've read in here say that you can. I'm newer to the Yamaha 4 strokes.
That I'm not sure of. I just figured if purchasing new, might as well get the proper one. Initially, I was thinking the prices were the same between the two but from what I found, it appears the Vector/Venture is more expensive than the Apex so that would be another reason to get the correct one. Of course, that is US pricing so maybe if it's different in CA.

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but life with two boys lol. So I got my other apex in the garage and took the starter solenoid off and put the one I had on my 08 on and it fired right away. So its not the solenoid. So when I crank the key to start there's something that's not letting my 08 to fire up. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

as you have a 2nd one, just try the ign switch from it on the one with issues.

Back