• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 ball joint fix

shanesz28

Has anybody rode there 08 nytro with the lower ball joint update just got mine done today havent had a chance to try it out yet wondering if anyone has

I've got 400 kms on the updated balljoint - I don't have anything else to report.

What kinsd of update is this??? Should my dealer do this for me??

Thank you Skydog

i got both my sleds lowers replaced over the weekend. the new joints sure are alot tighter. havent rode on them yet. ski

Is this the only update that the dealers are doing for free?

THANK YOU Skydog

My sled is at the dealer today to install new ball joints and clamp for wire harness - no other updates from the dealer at this time.

I actually posted the battery recall. My dealer said on some vin #'s that they will be replacing batteries if they are defective. They are going to meter mine to see if it needs to be replaced. The other item they are fixing is the wire harness.

The technical bulletin for the battery issue is strictly for 2009 models and is really a very specific limited set of Vin numbers. I believe most or all of the units affected were not powersurged units and were regular stock units for dealers (at least thats how it worked for us) and being its early in the year most of these will be fixed before the consumer ever gets them.

ball joints

With 1000 miles on my SE I took the A Arms off yesterday to put Ulmers oilite bushings on and noticed there is a little play starting to develop in my ball joints. Though not as bad as last years ball joints with a 1000 miles.
So it looks like there will need to be further engineering for Yamaha in the ball joint arena.

Pretty ridiculous. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to supply a decent ball joint.

How do you like the handling of your '09? Notice much difference?

ball joints

The SE is great handling sled, not as twitchy running through the bumps. I really like the floats up front, very nice shock.
While the ball joints aren't perfect, they do seem to last a little longer than last years.
I'm running a aftermarket set for the race with stock ones for back up.

Back