• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector doesn't like snow??

mebelee

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Vector GT
2008 Yamaha Vector GT
2020 Yamaha SnoScoot
1979 Arctic Cat Pantera
1974 Chaparral SSX
1997 Polaris Ultra SPX SE
Worked on the Barn Bitch now for several seasons. New carbs, plugs, fuel pumps, new belt etc etc etc.
Runs GREAT on stand up to 65+ MPH and 9K or so..
Backed out of barn, Tached up nice initially...then, "labored" running - but not like a missing cylinder???
Error light - red or orange don't remember now... ( steady or flashing...??) and a small engine icon on left side of dash. Convinced me not to drive it away. Pulled back in barn, ran nice backed out nice again...pulled forward - nice engine noises.... Then... died on its face...error light again. Ran nice....ready to roll..errors again. Ran back in barn...ran nice. So methinks it likes it in the barn & not out in in 12+" snow that it hasn't seen in 5 years! I have an older automotive OBC code reader. Could this help me somehow??? doubt it never saw a data lug for it on the sled....
Taking to a dealer ( as I'm about to do at this point) wil be $$$$$. I'd have NO idea what is wrong or how much they'd have to do dowanna $pend 2 much. Once the sled's there, I'm at their mercy.... Always fixed my own for 50+ yrs.

Last edited:

There's a fault code flashing, or solid showing along with that red light. The red light doesn't come on by itself without a code. Find the code and report back or look it up yourself.

I'll almost bet it's code 84, TORS.

There's a fault code flashing, or solid showing along with that red light. The red light doesn't come on by itself without a code. Find the code and report back or look it up yourself.

I'll almost bet it's code 84, TORS.
Thanks ! Didn't ee a numerical error it'd HAVE to be there... is it a 3 digit code? count the flashes of the light? Sorry to sound so dumb. So if it's the TORS then the throttle is binding?

2 digit. Google yamaha vector fault code list.

Yes, either it's binding, not adjusted correctly or the bearing on the speedo sensor is shot. That will set tors off also

Back