• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Mechanical Failure

sideshowBob

Lifetime Member
We have some snow on the ground so I pulled the sleds out of the "Boat Barn" this past week, fired them up and did a bit of a ride around our property.
My Wife's 600 Vmax fired up and ran flawlessly as always, the Attak rolled over a couple times and fired right up and idled and ran like new, my 2019 X-TX LE started right up and idled like it had been run that day...but....when I backed it out into the snow I discovered an issue! No Backup Beeper! Oh no!:)
All the sleds have Earth X batteries that were left unattended in the off season.

I tested the wiring all ok and actually got the beeper to temporarily work after cleaning it with contact cleaner but today it doesn't work again.
I bought my SW brand new and this is the first mechanical issue the sled has had since new.
Now granted I have done a lot of preventative maintenance that has paid off but really to have a 300hp pump gas rocket, ride it for 4 seasons[or is it 5?] and only have a backup beeper fail is crazy.
I have not even ever blown a belt on this sled!
I started running an 8DN belt but have switched to a Dayco Redline for the last season.
I will miss these YamaCats:(

HaHa, I wouldn't call it mechanical even, electrical maybe. Take it off & throw it in the scrap barrel, the sled will be that much lighter. It's not like its a dump truck or a skid steer....

HaHa, I wouldn't call it mechanical even, electrical maybe. Take it off & throw it in the scrap barrel, the sled will be that much lighter. It's not like its a dump truck or a skid steer....
My thoughts exactly :)
I even have an on/off switch on the backup beeper installed on my Kubota tractor so it doesn't drive me crazy clearing snow ect.

We have some snow on the ground so I pulled the sleds out of the "Boat Barn" this past week, fired them up and did a bit of a ride around our property.
My Wife's 600 Vmax fired up and ran flawlessly as always, the Attak rolled over a couple times and fired right up and idled and ran like new, my 2019 X-TX LE started right up and idled like it had been run that day...but....when I backed it out into the snow I discovered an issue! No Backup Beeper! Oh no!:)
All the sleds have Earth X batteries that were left unattended in the off season.

I tested the wiring all ok and actually got the beeper to temporarily work after cleaning it with contact cleaner but today it doesn't work again.
I bought my SW brand new and this is the first mechanical issue the sled has had since new.
Now granted I have done a lot of preventative maintenance that has paid off but really to have a 300hp pump gas rocket, ride it for 4 seasons[or is it 5?] and only have a backup beeper fail is crazy.
I have not even ever blown a belt on this sled!
I started running an 8DN belt but have switched to a Dayco Redline for the last season.
I will miss these YamaCats:(
Interesting. Mine became intermittent also after 4 seasons. It is now decomposing in some landfill. Lol.

Back