• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 SE TOO STIFF

flyinwrenchz

Extreme
Just kidding thought I'd get a bunch of you guys going. I have a 150 miles on it and I flat out love it. The only mod other than accessory b.s. is a set of curves. I rode the sled about 30 miles than put them on. I can say I think they are AWESOME. The sled corners likes its on rails zero darting which I deliberately tested over some hard pack with other ski marks and they track wherever you point it. They do definitely add harder steering especially on the real slow tight stuff, but an EASY compromise to the adverse effect it had a the sled. As far as the sled goes its my first rider forward, I was surprised how fast I adapted But from the moment I sat on it it just seemed right. Haven't really opened it up yet only up to 72 mph but it gets there in a big hurry. hand warmers as some have posted didn't even seem like they where on I kept checking but they where, to be honest if thats the only thing I have to fix I could careless, I'm extremely impressed thus far.

I also am very impressed with how both the rear and front suspension feel and handle with the 250 miles that I have on my RTX SE. Coming from a 1998 snowmobile, I feel like I'm driving a corvette on snow. I actually like the feel of the medium stock setting on the rear suspension. It is not too stiff for me. But I still would like to learn how to personally make all of the adjustments and settings for a particular ride.

My understanding is that the hand and thumb warmer setting or temperature can be adjusted. Page 14 of the owners manual talks a little bit about this. There are bars (similar to the fuel gauge) that indicate a low or high setting. I can't wait to get back on for another ride.

i too rode my 09 se for 40mi. . my suspension in the front i set to 65psi and felt alittle to soft. bottomed out 1 time hard and didn't feel like the skis had enough down pressure on them in the turns , i put aset of woody duelly on stock skis and they seem to push in corners big time . i wish i knew more about those shocks and how to set up better. but man does it pull hard. alittle cold on the knees about 10derees far.. clutch made a weird noise from breaking to hitting the trottle on time. but its a nice sled overall .

I rode my SE tonight for exactly1.9 miles. I love the motor, seems as responsive and quick as my Attak, probably wont be as fast. I have Ski doo Pilot 5.7 on it. I can tell I am going to have to go up one hole atleast onr the limiter straps.ON the little hard pack I encountered she did not want to turn

flyinwrenchz said:
Just kidding thought I'd get a bunch of you guys going. I have a 150 miles on it and I flat out love it. The only mod other than accessory b.s. is a set of curves. I rode the sled about 30 miles than put them on. I can say I think they are AWESOME. The sled corners likes its on rails zero darting which I deliberately tested over some hard pack with other ski marks and they track wherever you point it. They do definitely add harder steering especially on the real slow tight stuff, but an EASY compromise to the adverse effect it had a the sled. As far as the sled goes its my first rider forward, I was surprised how fast I adapted But from the moment I sat on it it just seemed right. Haven't really opened it up yet only up to 72 mph but it gets there in a big hurry. hand warmers as some have posted didn't even seem like they where on I kept checking but they where, to be honest if thats the only thing I have to fix I could careless, I'm extremely impressed thus far.

That would be my exact post about my SE. Only about 50 miles on it so far. I'm coming off a '03 RX-1, so my first rider forward experience. I have the curves and feel the same way about them. Although I did some WOT for about 5 sec. and had it up to 85MPH. I just love standing up on this sled. I'm only 5'7" and it perfect for me. I honestly couldn't tell if the hand warmers were on with settings on max. My biggest problem is my lack of knowledge with regards to what the suspension should feel like.

yera the skis come off the ground real easy to that was the first think i noticed was that i was gonna need a tad bt more ski preasure to really put her through the paces

Arnold08 said:
yera the skis come off the ground real easy to that was the first think i noticed was that i was gonna need a tad bt more ski preasure to really put her through the paces

Thats something I noticed. How is that accomplished, front limiter strap? If so, are other changes required?

if the skis are comming up on you I would change to the adjustable limiter blocks that Ulmer sells or you can buy the Artic Cat ones and use them. I'm not a fan of using the limiter strap as an adjustment tool just my opinion. My seems fine just need a little bit more pressure I have the adjuster blocks already just wanted to wait to make changes one at a time so that will be my next change other than that I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not trying to insult anyone but if your having problems with ski lift out of corners try learning some throttle control you dont have to pin it right away tip in than gradually but quickly feed till its pinned if thats the way you want to ride that should help

I've read quite a bit on how everyone's skis are coming off the ground so easily on the 08s, but I haven't experienced this on my 09 SE. I can lift my skis, but I have to really hit the throttle and lean back. I even increased my center spring pressure and reduced ski shock pressure for lighter steering, which normally would increase weight transfer and thus increase ski lift, however it still doesn't come up so easily...but I really don't want that anyhow.

I wonder if Yammy did something different in the weight transfer dept between the 08s and 09s.

maybe it the difference between an SE and a rtx . my SE dosn't stand up unless i really stand back on the #*$&@ end . but the 2 rtxs i rode lifted up easily from a sitting position. how much rear suspension and geometry difference is there in the two?

I feel the same on my SE. I am getting ready to increase the spring and decrease pressure similar to Grimm. I think the SE rides a bit too flat on Take off. Hopefully I will have another 300 miles on her the day after christmas. That will be a good test for it.
:-o

Back