• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Nytro Rtx died and no power

NH_Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
2007 Rs Vector
As I stated my 2008 Nytro has been running fine, rode it 140 miles 2 days earlier, today it started up fine, I warmed it up and headed out, approximately 1 miles into my ride it lost power and died, the battery voltage is good, I can jump the solenoid and it will crank fine but cannot hear any fuel pump and it only cranks no start, I removed the tether kill switch from the equation, it is a plugged and play and play kill switch so no splices, all looks good, so far I checked all connectors I can see, tried a known good solenoid, replaced the main fuse as well as the other fuse in the solenoid, checked key switch connector and sprayed with cleaner but it wasn't bad, I am running out of ideas .

So seems to be a pump issue. Check the pump fuse and the relay. Check for power at the pump.

I found the problem it ended up being a fuse in the small panel behind the brake caliper that I didn't even realize existed and could find no reference to it a 20 amp fuse was blown I replaced that and everything came back for power

Hello I have the same issue but Im getting 7 volts at fuel pump, can a relay cause this?
It's possible, especially with the red electronic relays. Start tracing back from the pump. Could also be a bad ground.

I found the problem it ended up being a fuse in the small panel behind the brake caliper that I didn't even realize existed and could find no reference to it a 20 amp fuse was blown I replaced that and everything came back for power
but the main idea is not only to replace the fuse, but find the reason that fuse melted. inspect the wire harness, might be a wear/abrasion somewhere

Back