• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

105 M.P.H. 08 Nytro rtx. What are your numbers?

Hi Ray, that's moving, haven't heard of anyone else going that fast. Now we have to see if we can raise the bar higher. Sent you a PM. Thanks again
Scott

Rayman5271 said:
I was testing a setup f/ Scott @ Boss Performance. It took a little tweaking as I was putting out higher shift rpms than expected, but the setup for sure is great for top end! I am very impressed with the gains for long runs. Scott was very informative and knowledgeable, and am looking forward to seeing what else he can bring to the table! :)

The run was bare ice, and I pulled the front straps down all the way, and let all the air out of the front shocks for the three runs I made. I believe with some more playing there is another 2-5 mph to be made in the short run. If I had another 1/4 mile I'm sure it would have kept climbing...

Once again thanks Scott!

Hey guys,

The sleds gearing is stock, after tinkering the rpms settled around 8970rpm +/-40 rpm depending on the run.

I live on a lake and have plowed off a decent ice run for testing. When I first purchased these weights I used Turks setup as a starting point. Turks setup was a great improvement, and close to what I trail ride with, but I could not find the top end I was looking for... this being a 4 stroke (knowing there is more to be had) So, I started reading some clutching books and started understanding them a little better but still hit a road block @ 98mph. (GPS) So from there I started playing with the the suspension hoping the lowering the center of gravity and bringing the sled closer to the ice would add more track HP, and found I would gain about 3-5mph with dropping the front end and sucking up the front rear straps.

I then added a Excell system and larger idlers, this is the crazy part. I saw a 700+rpm increase and adjusted the weights for it. Started seeing 110-112mph (GPS) consistently in trail form on ice runs. (105-107mph GPS on hard packed trails) I firmly believe that the idlers helped these rpm and mph numbers, as a friend who was running the same setup w/o larger idlers saw nowhere near that rpm or mph increase with his full excell system.

Then talked to Scott @ Boss Racing, and with his D&F setup, excell system, pcv, stock gearing, larger idlers, front suspension dropped, rear suspension pulled tight, approx 2 gal. fuel I reached the 118mph mark, but like I said it was still climbing on the dream meter when which was reading about 127 as I passed the gun. You do the math...

At the end of the day, these numbers don't matter much because when it comes down to it when I go back to my original trail setup I am still only seeing 105-107mph (GPS) on hard pack, I'm going to be testing Scotts setup again this week if work, and snow accumulation permits. I would really like to find that happy medium between low gear hp and high gear hp.

The ice runs setup is what it is and really can't be used for trail riding, but I can see running the sled like that would yield some good gains for ice. My XTX is running everything you have minus the wheels, which I believe I will be getting this week. What size wheels are yours. Are the POO wheels, the same as the DOO wheels 135mm?

On another note, you could try spinning that sled a little higher up to 9200. Ulmer tells me that is where it should be clutched for when running the full system. It's still making good power with the full system at that RPM, which would yield some great top end.

I found the weights with this setup were pretty touchy and would gain/loose 400 rpm when adding/subtracting weight. Maybe its something I'm doing wrong. I'll hopefully know more after some more testing.

Polaris wheels are 135mm and are thinner than the Kimpex pro's. I haven't compared them with the skidoo's but they are nice quality and they come in similar colors as our sleds. Checkout my post on hyfax fix, skidoo 2 bolt mounts are the way to go if upgrading wheels.

Back