• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

11 tooth sprockets.

mulot30th

Lifetime Member
Website
youtube.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 thundercat
apex mountain crracing 174
apex blower 136 for asphalt racing
osp drag race sled (apex engine based)
Would they clear in the stock apex tunnel using a 0.525" ice racing track and ice picks?

Need to know as this is my only option to get any taller gearing using stock chaincase now.

It won't fit without an extended chaincase. You can gear for well past 200mph with 10 tooth drivers and stock chaincase.

Then,,, HOW, where.... ???

I am at top 26 bottom 33...

Can find ANY other gears.... anywhere?

There are some mighty Z1 turbos around here that I think will put my radar apex sled to back of pack if I don t do anything in this regard

mulot30th said:
Then,,, HOW, where.... ???

I am at top 26 bottom 33...

Can find ANY other gears.... anywhere?

There are some mighty Z1 turbos around here that I think will put my radar apex sled to back of pack if I don t do anything in this regard

11,000 engine RPM with 26/33 gearing with 10 tooth drivers and 10% over drive you should get 185 mph!

I DONT use overdrive... never did on radar and will not.

I dont have enough HP to be inneficient.

I will not hit my target mph using my current gears for sure.

Look into a bigger secondary clutch....STM has them and we had it. Had to gear lower to make up for it. That changes you over all ratio.

With the STM 11.25 tuner secondary clutch we ran 22/40 gears, 10 tooth drivers and we were seeing mid 120's on a good tight hard pack track, and low 130's on Ice. This is 1000'

DC5 how did you make out with my old AVID chaincase?

Your old chaincase will be in my radar sled this year. I have not installed it yet. Mulot, micro belmont will make you any size gear you want for the bottom. I have a 30 and 31 tooth for my apex.

My target mph is whatever I can go on a full weight full bodied apex with no aero mods done to it (not a fake full body a la cpr...!!!) .

Last winter, 283hp on hurricane's dyno and I did 168mph on ice in 2000ft, sled + driver weight was 970 pounds using a 136x15" 0.525 ice track

My guess on the limit is as good as yours... I really don't know.

10500-10600 rpm... around that...

Only way to do it was to lest it go a bit in overdrive..

Engine would not make power past 10500 for some reason... I had many issues with engine, head, efi etc... last year...

Back