• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1200 ski doo vs nytro

Nytro off the line, but the 1200 has better top end with a stock setup.

chevmal67 said:
i can tell you in about 2 months. my friend is gettin 1200 renegade x carryover. should be interesting..

Yep me too. We will have a '10 1200 Renegade in our fleet by December. His wife has a '09 1200 GSX.

I'll have comparisons on all three this winter.

The Nytro won't have a chance, but the XTX should run the same up top.

madthumper said:
If the race is shorter than 120 miles with no corners, the Nytro has a chance. :Rockon:
Maybe the Nytro would lead for a bit due to acceleration, but the 1200 would catch up due to higher top speed.

Also, I highly doubt the Nytro will get 100 miles on a tank of gas at full throttle.

Ran my 1200 gade against a friends XTX a few times this last winter and the result was always the same. He would get out of the hole every time by about a length but I could always run him down...seems that my 1200 has a much better top end. The XTX must be geared lower?? He says his tops out at about 145 km/h (speedo) and I've had mine over 170.

One thing I did find interesting is that the two machines would use exactly the same amount of fuel. We would go on a 300km run and every time we filled they would be within cents of each other...one way or the other. The only bad thing was he was looking for gas at 150km where I would be good for about 250km. Fuel range thing really didn't matter much though cuz we always had a 600 Dragon with us that was out of gas by 150km as well LOL!!!!

So I will admit that the Nytro XTX is a little quicker off the line but in my experience it doesn't have the legs of the 1200. It's all in fun, plus we both always have a very good time beating up on the 600 Cat and 600 Polaris that always ride with us.

How much did you beat it at top end in sled lengths? What's the distance you are running? Also what track do you have?

Both of our machines are stock as stock can be...so that means mine has a 1.25 inch Ripsaw and so does his I think. His seems to launch sooo much harder than mine, I spin alot but then I have never tried to adjust my suspension either. I don't really know how far we would race but it's very clear (the way they are set up anyways) that the XTX has a better launch but the 1200 because of gearing or clutching or something has a better mid to top end pull.

I guess if drag racing was real important to me I would bugger around with the suspension a little but I bought this machine to put on big miles in a hurry. This is where the Nyrto and Doo are very different. Mine is more comfy as a sit down sled, better range, more wind protection and tons of storage in the tunnel bag. The Nytro sounds a little louder (a good thing) no storage, less range but feels very good as a stand up/bump sled....two very different machines.

I was quite suprised at the low top end of the XTX, how fast have you had yours?

Back