• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

13 apex a arm issues???

Running 75 psi should not look like that...both sides look the same? Maybe the shocks are blown or mounts broken?

Wow hadn't thought about level to the ground. Here's a before picture. Look equal
36318613f77baaac6b7c924f15b7d6df.jpg

Just read that the preload 125 was too stiff was trying 75

Ulmer's kit fits all years of A arm suspension. I have the kit in my 08' and same kit in my 13'
Have the Yamaha Accessory Oilite kit in my hands SMA-8FTFR-KT, front bushing kit. Most fit but knuckle bushings are smaller on the MY 06-10. Couldn't use the knuckle bushings, OE are much bigger. Maybe something changed in the kit? Or mine is mis-packaged?

That definately looks like less than 75lbs. Mine at 75 rides just a little higher, arms slightly angled down.

Hmmm I ll check. I let it out to the 75 lbs so I know it's 75.

Don't check air pressure while the front of the sled is on the ground...skis should hang loose.

Hey I cznt find the bushing kit for the apex 13.bif b I am going to tackle this problem. Just ordered the big parts from partszilla. Seems like half price at least from what the stealer wanted. Why hit us so hard. I am happy as hell to be able to do the work myself

I did the same thing on one of my early apex's,hit a hidden rock,and it did not even slow me down,i did not think much about it,till we stopped and a friend said it looked twisted,like someone else stated,wait till you try and remove the bolts,than you will notice it,and the bulk head is a two piece cast,thank GOD it is,because I only had to buy one half.

Now that I have the parts all marshaled. Time to take our the bolts. Holy crap can't easily get into the chassis to get the back end of the bolts. Do I have to tear down through the air box and what ever is below that or is there an easier way in?? Coming from a polaris arm replacement this looks like a bitch!

I thought I was going to get right at both ends of the bolts twist and replace. Nope. Looks to me like the windshield and clutster need to come out too. I already snapped the damn tabs on the air box lid from trying to remove it straight out instead of up but the windshield was in the way. Now looks like I need to remove it.

Uggggg.

1e13c5c00018f2368680025899e756d5.jpg

. Holy crap can't easily get into the chassis to get the back end of the bolts. Do I have to tear down through the air box and what ever is below that or is there an easier way in??

Yes. You need to remove the headlight pod and airbox to get at the nuts for the bulkhead bolts

Yeah one one of these upper arms is not going back on.
479e1e1759a06ec706f0088bd56a35f2.jpg

One of these isn't going back on either. Those inside nuts suck nuts. Engineering for the dealership mechanics for sure. They are a bitch! !!!
0403705788c60793269aab85a6159ba8.jpg

By the looks of those arms you are lucky not to break the bulkhead. If you need help locating parts send me a pm. I most likely have some arms in stock.

Thanks finally back together. Pressure was low in the shocks for those that mentioned it in early pictures. About 60. Now up to 100 in each shock. Unreal trying to get the bushings back in, inside the bulkhead. I know I should have changed to oil while in there at 588 but figured I'd give the stealership something to do.

It's a cock eyed picture the measurements are even. Right skag is missing a few more inches of carbide too[emoji53]

c2715c91e422cec471eca7a4e0b27d69.jpg

Back