• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex Skid Vibration

Sounds like you guys are running in very low snow conditions if one sled is heating up. My Apex has a cooling fan, front AND rear heat exchangers. I dont overheat where my buddies might.
All those things you mentioned will help the low snow condition. If you think about it, larger bogeys are pushing the track away from the slides creating a larger gap same as looser track, less tension on the slides.... I've been doing it this way for years on different sleds. The only issue I had was late winter on sunny days where snow didn't want to fling around. Never used scratchers, although I could have used them on occasion. If you're constantly running in low snow conditions scratchers are a must. If you loosen the track and the issue gets worse, your drivers just may be shot as someone mentioned. Then you'll need to replace the driveshaft..
Once you get this figured out buy a set of Duponts. You won't regret it..
Yeah I've been dealing with low snow conditions all season in NY. Really sucks. Drivers look fine, it is a relatively low mile apex. If I use the bigger wheels instead of just loosening the track will it be better for the drivers? Or would it have the same effect? I've been looking for dupont slides but look out of stock and on backorder everywhere.

Yeah I've been dealing with low snow conditions all season in NY. Really sucks. Drivers look fine, it is a relatively low mile apex. If I use the bigger wheels instead of just loosening the track will it be better for the drivers? Or would it have the same effect? I've been looking for dupont slides but look out of stock and on backorder everywhere.
Drivers wear out mainly by miles. If your track was ratcheting you'd know in a hurry and tighten the track. You're not ratcheting. So track, and larger bogeys shouldn't have any affect on the drivers imo. Low snow and no scratchers is one of your main problens.

Scratchers make such a huge difference. Even if its -30C out I can get the overheat light to come on. The snow is so frozen its not getting thrown up on the exchangers. Also my sliders start to melt from the heat. You can smell them. Scratchers cure this. Scratchers also toss up gravel and grass so you do have to use your head.

This is running in low snow conditions without scratchers. There is almost no snow in the skid. If you look at my other picture the skid is full of snow.
C723B3DD-46E5-4136-86D2-5DCE31C5A367.jpeg

Back