• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 Freeride Heads Up

OVR4D said:
Question for you guys about pulling the skid: I had some trouble backing out the bolts where the front of the skid attaches to the tunnel. When I would remove one bolt (didn't matter which side), the other one would not back out because the rod they thread into would just spin inside the front arm. The only way I was able to get them both out was to re-install them and then back them out together simultaneously (reaching over the seat with a wrench on each bolt). Is this normally how it's done or is there an easier way?
Ya it can be a PITA!

canoehead said:
OVR4D said:
Question for you guys about pulling the skid: I had some trouble backing out the bolts where the front of the skid attaches to the tunnel. When I would remove one bolt (didn't matter which side), the other one would not back out because the rod they thread into would just spin inside the front arm. The only way I was able to get them both out was to re-install them and then back them out together simultaneously (reaching over the seat with a wrench on each bolt). Is this normally how it's done or is there an easier way?
Ya it can be a PITA!
The wife comes in handy for those who don't have buddies to help! LaLaLa

Sometimes if I am in the shop, I will set up a comfy lawn chair with a glass of wine sitting beside it. Wife likes being in the shop at that point!

Just ordered my Freeride 136 w/ rail extentions from TracksUsa cost 625 plus shipping and tax cuz I live in Mn where they are based. Should have it Thursday.Should have it Studed and installed by the end of the weekend.

having problems :o| got R done

Attachments

• 136 gt.jpg
    136 gt.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 98
  • gt 121.jpg
    gt 121.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 86
Phazme:

Based on your before and after pics, it looks like you already had a 121 freeride ... correct? If so, what made you want to go with the 136?

Also, it's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like you have a 4-wheel rear axle? Did you do that to keep the track from wandering ... have you had issues with track alignment?

Last but not least, nice job on the bumper. Can you post some more pics of your tunnel extension and bumper fab? Thanks.

Thanks . @ OVR4D the 4th wheel kit helps keep the track from derailing when cornering hard ,no problems with alignment. As for going to a 136 helps smooth out the bumps. @biffdotorg my 121 freeride is in rough shape. Only put on a few miles last weekend before my stator went out.
I'll see if i can get a couple more pix on here.

Attachments

• extention.jpg
    extention.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 73
  • extention (2).jpg
    extention (2).jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 71
  • freeride.jpg
    freeride.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 64
I've had my track derail and rip almost in half from the the tensioner bolt going through it ,definetly run the 4th wheel!

Back