• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 Freeride with Ulmer Kit

Voda2000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT 136"
My 136" Freeride kit from Tracks USA should be here this week but I was wondering if anyone has a Ulmer kit and would recommend any changes in clutching with the longer track?

I'm already running a 18t gear.

Run it before you make any (if at all) changes. You just might be pleasantly surprised. I believe there's a few guys here with stretched Phasers running stock gearing.

Just give Ulmer a call - I did when I upgraded to a 121 Freeride and he recommended a change to the seconday.

Talked to Ulmer, A1 to A2 on the secondary.

I talked with Alan when I did my 144" stretch and order a clutch kit from him for my set up. Very happy I did and the sled runs great. G.B

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my original post. I have his kit already on the sled but it was setup for the 121. The change to the secondary is what he recommends for the 136 with his kit.

The kit is great on the 121 so I'm hoping it is as good on the 136.

I found I was a little high on RPM with my 121 freeride on A2. Just make sure you don't over rev. Conditions make such a difference. I am not saying its a bad change since Ulmer knows what he is talking about. It was just that I found my sled ran a bit too high in RPM's with that change.

I'm hitting 11,300 at WOT with my 121 set at A2. Like you said - Ulmer knows his product.

Im back with a bit of an update. When I took my secondary apart it was B2 (85*). I know I must have done it but can't remember why.

Anyways I set it to A2 (75*), 10* less. Well finically got some flat trails to test it on and I noticed two things. First, I can now bounce it off the rev limiter if I pin it. And second, if I accelerate normally (not pined to the bar) it fells like the belt is slipping in the secondary.

As I didn't have that problem with the 121" track, I'm going to set it back to B2, 10* more twist and see if that corrects it.

I'm wondering if the secondary slipping is responsible for the momentary bump off the rev limiter.

The secondary spring is original with over 10,000km on it. Does anyone know how long they are expected to last?

Just to update, I just adjusted to B2 and it seems to correct both issues.

This all with stock 39* helix and stock primary??
Or did you purchase an ulmer clutch kit with different helix?

Curious as I played with my helix setting this weekend as well.

Stock 39* helix.
Stock secondary spring.
Ulmer's primary spring.
Ulmer's weights with no rivits in them.
Stock rollers in the primary.

I also have an 18 tooth gear instead of the stock 20 tooth in the GT model.

Back