• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 to 141 Swap

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
In my quest to squeeze every last mph out of my sled in 1320' my goal this fall was to shed weight. I picked up a 141 skid which weights 25lbs less than my 137. I had concerns that the 11T drivers and 10" wheels wouldn't fit but luckily it slipped in easily. The 141 is so easy to work with. I had it in the chassis in literally 5 minutes where my 137 could take me a couple hours. Fully collapsed every which way and no issues with the 10" wheels hitting the rear scissor.

I was able to shed 53lbs off the sled.

My goal last year was 140mph in 1320' which I achieved on my dragy and my stalker . New goal this year is 143mph in 1320'. Pump gas, stock turbo, 1" R rated trail track and trail studs. For those that haven't followed along over the years I have the TD Stage 6 kit, cams, high rpm valve springs, head studs, promod head gasket, header, anti shim spitting buckets, wastegate upgrade, big fuel pump and regulator and everything needed to run this package. Yamaha clutches, Viper primary trued, balanced and cut for overdrive, stock winder secondary.

This is my trail sled that has nearly 20000kms on it. Mind you most weekends are spent at the lake but I do go North and into Quebec once a year to run some beautiful trails. Really all I change up is my suspension settings and gearing.
20231028_153416.jpg
20231119_112524.jpg

That should get u there especially if u drop the front end down a bit too.

I am curious what track you are going to use with the 141" skid as there are so few 141" tracks available and you would need 3" drivers.
Are you going to use a 144" track with 2.52" drivers?

I am curious what track you are going to use with the 141" skid as there are so few 141" tracks available and you would need 3" drivers.
Are you going to use a 144" track with 2.52" drivers?
144x14x1 R rated hacksaw, 11T x 2.52, 10" wheels. I ran 11T x2.52 with 10" wheels on my 137 last year also.

No problem running 2.52" drivers with a 137" track? I would think there would be a track window indexing issue without 2.86" drivers on a 137.
DEFinetly be an issue but he’s running a 144 track.

I ran a 136 hacksaw r with 11t on a 137 skid but it was tight . I have a set of avids with the extroverts taken off if your interested DMC and a set of 15 3/4 front shocks .

I ran a 136 hacksaw r with 11t on a 137 skid but it was tight . I have a set of avids with the extroverts taken off if your interested DMC and a set of 15 3/4 front shocks .
I have 11T avid introverts. I may be interested in the shocks.

I had the skid in and out of the chassis 4 times today lining up the drivers perfectly. Unreal how much easier it is to get in and out.
I have found that on my 2019 141 X-TX as well...nice and light suspension and quick to remove and install. I weighed my X-TX LE the other day and it was over 20lbs lighter then SnoTrax weight for the SW LTX wet weight ready to ride all because of the rear suspension I am sure.
Mine has QS3s in all shock positions as well and rides pretty good especially for an uncoupled suspension.

I had the skid in and out of the chassis 4 times today lining up the drivers perfectly. Unreal how much easier it is to get in and out.
Did you happen to take some measurements for your drivers? That's my next project on my Thundercat. Finally getting rid of the stock track and drivers to put 11t avids, 10" wheels and a 144x14 hacksaw

Great direction DMC...I love the way the 141 fills in the 137" tunnel. Lol. Maybe it's just me.
I know another member was testing this out and he bought a skid from cat country last year. Haven't seen anything?!?!
I'll be watching this one!!
And a true trail rider @ 20,000km, good luck....

Did you happen to take some measurements for your drivers? That's my next project on my Thundercat. Finally getting rid of the stock track and drivers to put 11t avids, 10" wheels and a 144x14 hacksaw
The measurements are in service manual if you have one. A good starting point. DMC likely had his shaft out a few times getting it perfect as each sled can be slightly different if looking for perfection.

Back