• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD/GAP Big Turbo first impressions

Do u have take the head off for head studs? Messing around with the valves and timing chain kinda scares me. I think I could do it with proper direction but I just don’t know how to

Head doesn’t have to come off but I’d recommend pulling it and putting a better head gasket on while your at it
What's the better gasket?
I was watching one of Redneck Petes videos and they were using stock gasket.

Dont they suggest valve springs too for the high rpm? Might as well take it off and do everything while your there.

TD has a cometic gasket they recommend for high boost.

Ya all that stuff makes sense if yr pulling it apart anyway. Just intimidating bc I don’t wanna f something up

Ya all that stuff makes sense if yr pulling it apart anyway. Just intimidating bc I don’t wanna f something up
I felt the same way when I built my stage 6. If you have mechanical ability it's really not that bad. I watched some SXS BLOG videos were they build a YXZ motor, made sure to have the shop manual for the torque sequences and specs. Buy the right tools and take your time.

What's the better gasket?
I was watching one of Redneck Petes videos and they were using stock gasket.
Screenshot_20240302_081355_Chrome.jpg

For stage 6 ... we did commetic multi layer gasket, cam shafts, hd timing chain and manual tensioner, head studs, springs and anti flip cups, also did 3 angle valve job. and cleaned port match. these were min requiremnets you should do for stage 6 and/or big or mod turbo. since there was VERY LITTLE money spent this year on travel or sledding... might as well do the bigger turbo now. lol

For stage 6 ... we did commetic multi layer gasket, cam shafts, hd timing chain and manual tensioner, head studs, springs and anti flip cups, also did 3 angle valve job. and cleaned port match. these were min requiremnets you should do for stage 6 and/or big or mod turbo. since there was VERY LITTLE money spent this year on travel or sledding... might as well do the bigger turbo now. lol
Another person that takes no prisoners...

what gearing are you running with the big turbo

Back