• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

14.8 AFR reading

THEPASMAN

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
My AFR reading on gauge seems to be stuck at 14.8 it will move a bit in the 14’s and ounce in a while come down into Normal reading. This was on a short ride not far from home. It does not seem like it’s running right
240/ 270/300 hurricane tune. Closed loop
Would it be safe to assume that the sending unit in the exhaust is malfunctioning. And if so what does the ecu do with that info. Dump more fuel ? ??

I don’t get the code on start up till sending unit warms up

Is it safe to just unplug it and ride normal

The Hurricane tunes are built to be able to run with the sensor unplugged in the event the sensor goes bad. It will default to a preset put in there by Hurricane.

Any idea what goes on when it’s giving spastic reading. What I’m
Concerned about is engine damage if your not paying attention to the gauge when this happens

I would call whomever you got the tune from. They probably have a set of tests for the wideband sensor (resistance, power) and known good values. There are a lot of different problems that can throw off an o2 sensors readings. Could be bad, could be an exhaust leak, even upstream problems can throw off the sensor (it may be telling you the truth and something else could be wrong).

Testing the sensor will at least get you headed in the right direction.

Thanks
I’m going to do that just thought I’d throw it out there to see if anyone had any insight

I'm thinking a bad sensor put a new one in it should be the fix they tend to show lean when going bad.

Bad O2 sensor. I would first try a new one, not a bad idea to have a spare if this doesn't fix it.

New O2 sensor. Still stuck at 14.8 and on a little test spin doesn’t run bad but it doesn’t seem right

Unplug power to sensor and code 24 shows instant

Didn’t drive it with unplugged

SD 24 will flash until the O2 sensor is heat it up. If it’s not coming off then there might be something wrong with your module or a bad connection I had that last year one of my wires had come loose.

Is it the AEM or ECU masters module ?

SD 24 will flash until the O2 sensor is heat it up. If it’s not coming off then there might be something wrong with your module or a bad connection I had that last year one of my wires had come loose.
I don’t see the sd 24 code as soon as temp warning goes away it says 14.8 and after it warms up it says 14.8 instantly on startup. No code

I’m not exactly sure which module it is

Dave’s short Saturday answer was unplug it and drive it
I’m going to talk to him next week in more detail

Back