• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

17 SW boost reading issues

towman

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper ltx
'17 Sidewinder with hurricane 220/240/270 tune with cluster flash. Last winter was having SD26 code issues which turned out to be 3 bar map sensor failure. Not long after that was resolved. The machine does not read boost if the machine is started and run. Need to turn the key on, turn off and wait for 30 seconds then the machine can be started and rode normally. If you shut the machine off and restart immediately everything is fine, if it sits more than 5 minutes you need to cycle the key to get a boost reading. I have already changed the 3 bar map barometric pressure sensor and map sensor up at the fuel rail with no change. Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Just a thought, if you have moisture in the lines, it can settle into a low spot over time giving you funny readings.
A low voltage condition can also give you weird readings although your particular symptoms don't sound like it. What happens if you let it sit for 5 minutes, turn the key on for 30 seconds (no start) and then start the sled?

If possible check for any stored codes with a flasher and delete them. I would also reflash the cluster and tune bundle and go from there. Start with the basics. Have you spoke to Dave at hurricane about it? He is very helpful and may have already seen a similiar issue and knows the fix.

Just a thought, if you have moisture in the lines, it can settle into a low spot over time giving you funny readings.
A low voltage condition can also give you weird readings although your particular symptoms don't sound like it. What happens if you let it sit for 5 minutes, turn the key on for 30 seconds (no start) and then start the sled?
I cleaned out all the lines and air to air before the end of the season no change. If I do not turn the key on let everything cycle turn if let sit for a minute then start it. The machine will back fire it is not advancing timing for the boost

If possible check for any stored codes with a flasher and delete them. I would also reflash the cluster and tune bundle and go from there. Start with the basics. Have you spoke to Dave at hurricane about it? He is very helpful and may have already seen a similiar issue and knows the fix.
I do not have a flasher and Dave is the one that directed me to change the sensors.

Possibly a broken wire inside or near sensor connector. With key turned on wiggle wires and see if reading comes and goes on dash.

What does boost read, key on, sled off?

What does boost read, key on, sled off?
Key on reads 0 if you start it it stays 0 if i try to ride it will back fire. Turn key on let cycle then turn off let sit for a minute then turn on reads 3 or 4 psi. Then can start and run flawless. As long as i double cycle the key it runs perfect.

Should read .4-.8.key on, motor off. I would try another map sensor. Do you have a friend you could swap with and try?

A 2 bar map sensor will read 3 to 4 psi when installed with a 3 bar tune with key on engine off.
Cycling the key will not change that.
Never heard of a 220 3 bar map tune.

A 2 bar map sensor will read 3 to 4 psi when installed with a 3 bar tune with key on engine off.
Cycling the key will not change that.
Never heard of a 220 3 bar map tune.
Sm tunes from hurricane are 225/240/270 and use 3 bar sensor as they are SS tunes. I have both sm bundle and 240/270/300 bundle and same sensor for both bundles.

Should read .4-.8.key on, motor off. I would try another map sensor. Do you have a friend you could swap with and try?
No i do not have ridding companions with a tuned 998. May have to buy another one to try. This 3 bar map only has 500 miles on it

Back