• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

141-153 stretch.

fiddlersgreen

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper xtx le
I like my xtx but do miss the extra floatation that my mtx had.
I'm thinking of stretching my xtx le to 153.
I can get a 153 CE for a good price but would like your thoughts on rail extensions..... What the best are and where to get them.
Also wondering if I'd have to change much in the order of clutching and or gearing.
I have the big venom kit so adjustability is no problem.
Thanks in advance.

You can do it by getting just 153 rails and track. All suspension parts will bolt right in and will mount in existing holes. No clutching change will need to be done or minimal changes only, most likely none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen them recently, might have been TracksUSA.

Do I need new rails or will rail extensions do?

I haven't been a fan of rail extensions and if you check the rails for a 2013 153" AC, you might be surprised the cost will be less for 153 rails than the rail extensions.

I believe I was the 1st to convert the XTX from 141 to 153 and loved how it worked. All the same suspension components bolt right into the 153 rails, only the rails are longer, nothing else changed. Rear flap will need a little lovin' tho

I have a set of blue 153 rails and 153 track coming off my 2015 mtx with only 400 miles.
viper parts 032.JPG

track is in like new cond. also it would be just the bare rails with slides.
turbo viper 005.JPG

Not sure. I have no idea what it's worth.
We could swap the rails and I'll check tomorrow about the track and what a new 153 would be for me.
I have a lead on a used 153 but want to see what shape it's in first.

Back