• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD MS17 with Gen 1 header. Boost pressure?

Woody255

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vmax4's
Hi all, I have the TD Max Spool 17, and added the TD Gen 1 header, with updated header map. I’m running the 3 bar, with 3” exhaust. What boost pressures are you seeing with MS17, with the header? Thanks

Dont have an exact number for you but Im gonna guess and say 17-17.5psi. Without the wastegate upgrade with advanced tuning the wastegate will open early because of the increased flow from the header. If your boost is down a bit from what you previously saw with stock manifold that is normal.

Thanks Justinator,

I assumed the header would reduce boost by up to 2-3psi. Long story short, I bought the sled in the summer, and added a CAI, 3” exhaust, header, closed loop, fuel pump and regulator prior to running it. I did update the tunes with the header/CL at the same time.
When I finally ran it on Friday, I was at 14.5-15.0psi on MS17. After a closer inspection, I found one of the clamps on the intake tubes to be completely off the boot and was snug around the TB…it appeared to come from factory that way. After repairs, I ran it yesterday and was immediately up to running 17.8-18.2 consistently. Problem solved!

What horsepower does TD claim your tune to be with the header?

Back