• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 RX-1 A-Arm Removal

04RX1LE

Are there any tips or tricks I need to know about before I attempt to remove the front A-arms from an RX-1?

Any experienced suggestions appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Brent

A major PITA if you do not remove the battery tray, but in order to do that you need to remove a coolant and oil hose so do it at the time of swapping fluids to. I did it withough removing teh tray but i had to clamp to open end wrenches together to reach down to the bolts. It was temporary and went the 500 miles before I swapped toa apex front end when I had the engine out and it was easy to access and properly TQ.

You certainly do NOT need to remove coolant and/or oil hoses to remove the battery tray. Remove all fasteners from the battery tray and lift out only the side AWAY from the oil tank. Once out, pull the hook on the opposite end towards the center of the chassis and DOWN to get it around the hoses and wires on that side.

While you're at it replace all busings, they are most likely shot. Get a set of higher strengt bushings from www.ulmerracing.com

Back