• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 apex gt will not start

4strokerpms

I hope that somebody can help me. Problem started last week. I just finished a 40 mile ride when i got off the sled to load it on the trailer. As I was pulling the ramp the sled stalled. I went to turn it back on but all it wouldn't start. Let it sit for 5 minutes and it started fine. Trailered back home and it stalled as soon as I got it off the trailer. The gauge pod had power but the fuel pump was not cycling and it would not crank. Put it in the heated garage overnight and the next day it still gave me the same problem. I suspected a low battery voltage and i connected my battery charger at the remote battery cables and with just 2 amps of charging power for 30 seconds it fired right up. I went and picked up a new battery and changed it. It was starting fine and the next day i went for a short ride and it just stopped on the trail when i was going about 40 miles an hour. Got error code 81 on the dash for a second and nothing else. Got towed home and started looking around. The gauge pod would power up, I could here the relay click but the fuel pump would not cycle and it would not crank. I pulled things apart and found it would give me 12 volts at the fuel pump terminal for a few seconds after turning the key to power up. When i connect the fuel pump to an external 12 volt power supply it pumps. I found a short in the ground block by the primary clutch. Fixed that and it will now crank but the fuel pump stiil does not cycle. I have checked the fuel relay it was fine but i still put a new one in. I did find that the 10 amp fuse for the pump was blown so i replaced and it still will not cycle. The stored codes that i could find are 46 81 and 84. Can somebody point in the right direction here. Thanks.

Had the same problem on the weekend.

Thought it might have been TORS which yours may be as well but turned out to be Crank sensor as Driveshaft bearing was in the process of self destructing.

Unhook the speedo sensor wire on the frame above/behind the middle of the top of the belt and my guess it will start and run enough to get it to the shop for a new axle bearing.

Back