• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex GT with Code 11 on gauge

nickytech

Vendor
Started up the sled for the year and drove around yard a few times. Had some light backfired while running. Battery was low and shut it down to charge. Would not start again and read a code 11 on gauge which is a piston location sensor code.

Is this something easy to change and location or should I take it in...

Thanks!
Dale

sounds like stator to me.

The dealer said it actually is a camshaft position sensor that is bad from my description to them. They did one last week that had the same symptoms on an Attak...

A member of our snowmobile club had a code 11 last year also and the sled would not start he replaced the stator and all was good after that.

nickeytech,

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Check out this link to a thread on the stator and crankshaft position sensor. The stator assembly contains the crankshaft position sensor. In this other thread there are more links to troubleshooting and where to buy just the CPS if the stator is otherwise still good. Going forward try using the search function as usually there will already be a thread somewhere on your topic.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=15

Please let us know if you get this fixed or if you need more help.

this came up for my brother last year after 10k miles on his sled, its the crank sensor which you can not replace with out replacing the stator. it all wired wogether

ehenry56 said:
this came up for my brother last year after 10k miles on his sled, its the crank sensor which you can not replace with out replacing the stator. it all wired wogether

You can replace the crank sensor separately from the stator but not with a Yamaha part. It also involves wire splicing. In the link in my previous post there are more details.

Back