• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex stops running. Help!!!!

Possible causes for a no start but gauges light up:
Low battery voltage
Loose battery connections
Poor connection at starter relay. White connector beside the battery on the starter relay
Blown fuse on the starter relay
Failed starter
Frozen starter
Poor connections on starter leads
Poor connection at key switch. One wire controls ign power and the other the starter relay

Battery is tight as can be. Relay next to battery looks good. I am going to look into the grounds now. I did turn the key when I brought it in the garage and it made a strange clicking at the fuel pump relay but then seemed to make the normal fuel pump noise after about 3 seconds. It still wouldn’t start. I can hear the fuel pump doing something and there is a sight gurgle. Sound normal? Attached is a picture of the relays. This seems like the fuel pump relay. Correct? It was making the clicking. Will work on grounds now.
image.jpg

Fuel pump relay is the 1st one on the left.

Do yourself a favor and update to the new Red Solid State one. $22 part.

Well....checked the connector next to the battery again and seemed fine, battery was tight, fuses were all good, soldered 3 ground block joints together and re taped, heated up the relays with a heat gun(warmed them). Re installed everything and it fired right up and seemed to run good. I can’t be 100% sure what was the issue but I hope it doesn’t show up on the next ride in a few days. We shall see. All if the ground blocks looked ok to me but could have still been corroded inside I guess. I will be picking up a new belt and hopefully a new style fuel pump relay tomorrow. Just to be sure...is this he updated relay I would need? 8GN-81950. Also, could someone verify he wire colors going into the fuel pump relay connector? I am wondering if mine are even in the correct locations anymore. It’s the third one that I’m pointing at in the picture that seemed to click on mine. Thanks again guys!

The "Red Relays" are nonmechanical solid state.
I ended up replacing all three relays with the red relays...the fourth one is different.
No problems in years of use

I wish I could get them for my Kubota

Well, went riding this weekend and ran fine loading and unloading but the first morning I went to start it and all it did was turn over. Wouldn’t fire. I had purchased a fuel pump relay to bring with just in case so I grabbed it and threw it in real quick and boom, it fired right up. Guess that was the issue all along....

Back