• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex turns over and won’t start(relay click)

rangermike14

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex
1998 SRX 700
Hey guys, just got my Apex out of storage and the battery was dead. I jump started it and let it run for about 5 minutes. Ran great. After turning it off I tried to start it again and didn’t have enough juice to even turn. I then hooked it to my battery charger until charged and still nothing. I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying a new battery but after that I hooked it back up to the jump box and I get a click by the left foot well and pump seems like it’s turning on but the motor just turns. Won’t start at all. I eventually did get it to start but it ran for a second and stalled. If I let it turn over and then let off the key it starts clicking again by the left foot well. I’m wondering if a new battery will solve all of it or is there something else strange going on? It should start up on the jump box I would think. Any help would be great! Thanks

Your battery is not just low, its most likely shot. It sounds like it will not hold any charge, which will cause the symptoms you're describing. Time for a new 1.
On a different topic (I don't want to hijack your thread) you and I talked about a year ago about Art recovering my seat like he did yours. Well, I finally decided to have him to do it. What a GREAT job he did. Looks better than any aftermarket seat I've seen. And the price is VERY reasonable. Thanks for turning me on to this guy!

Yeah I’ll start with a new battery and hope all the symptoms go away. Thanks guys. I talked to Art not to long ago and he mentioned he was about to send it back to you. Glad it worked out! He is a great guy and does awesome work for sure! He redid my parents 24’ pontoon seats. They look amazing! Post up a picture of the final producut. I’d like to see it.

There is a pic in another thread but its not a great pic. Don't have the ability to post a pic at the moment. Will post one when I get a chance. Basically went with a brand new 09 cover that he modded. Looks stunning and feels even better.
I'm at my local wattering hole getting ready to watch my beloved Buckeyes take on Washington in the Rose Bowl. Go Bucks!

rangermike14, here are some pics of my seat. Just like yours except for the color.
Apex Seat1.jpg
Apex Seat 2.jpg
Apex Seat 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. The pics really do not do justice to the quality of work that was put into the seat. The seat was built up +1 inch as per my request. It is however, much firmer and does not allow the sit-in sag that occurs after a short time with the stock foam. So it "feels" like more than +1 inch. And it still fits nicely under the stock fuel tank cover. The material used was top quality. And the cost was VERY reasonable!

55E5490C-CF84-451E-9C2E-3E071ECDC449.jpeg
C30838F7-0FF0-4763-BC66-F5579C614962.jpeg
A8B46C56-0A35-45D7-9840-B5E8D10FA1AE.jpeg
7105DD74-FE7F-45C8-BB76-B82DD41BD3BE.jpeg
CD4B2A27-A66E-45AE-BB70-877FB48E54A1.jpeg
D52091BA-04C8-4210-95FA-5D94C8A7549D.jpeg

The seat looks great!!!! Here’s mine just for another reference. His quality is second to none! How do you like the Phazer?

1446313E-C477-476B-A30F-DAF90480B5F9.jpeg
CBFB93F7-D059-46D8-AD18-E4510F7A576E.jpeg
49ED86DF-0DC9-403F-8677-E63F3662FF22.jpeg
13B9CEDB-7659-406E-962B-3B278AC300C9.jpeg
1C47E0B8-8961-480B-A1B4-02B3C2B9CAF8.jpeg

BAF0FDAA-9466-447E-904D-50B5F05D9EAB.jpeg

Check this out. These are our pontoon seats before. You could stick your finger right through them the vinyl was so dry and weathered.....

Sled and boat lookin good Mike. Man I want (and I'll bet a few dozen others) one of those gas caps like you have. Too bad Yammi quit making them.
The phazer is a very different machine than an Apex as I'm sure you can imagine. Not tons of power but, still a blast to ride in the ditches, powder, and off trail. Even better with an aftermarket track. I bought it for my son back in 2011 to introduce him to the sport. He now lives out of state so I have a choice of which machine to take with me when I hit the trail.

BTW, is your rear bumper polished? I'm gonna have mine chrome plated, just haven't done it yet.

Those Apex seats look great...it always amazed me that Yamaha didn't update the Apex seat as it changes the whole character of the sled to a more modern seating postion and look.

I may have the only Apex Attak Boss high rise seat like this in existence...built by them to my specs.

apex.JPG

Haha! I like the gas cap too! I had it on my old SRX and swapped it over when I got the Apex. I have a Hartman 136” extension on mine so the bumper is also his. It’s hand polished along with my tunnel. Bob the Boss seat looks great too. I bet it rides nice!

Back