• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex upgrade idler and suspension wheels

thechamp1

I am in the process of upgrading all idler and suspension wheels on a 2006 Apex GT - 4250 miles.
Last ride this spring I lost one rear suspension wheel resulting in 3 idler wheels failing.
Have suspension out, replacing all and add a 4th rear suspension wheel.
My question is this:
Anyone aware of dealers or companies offering a complete upgrade package to replace all idler and suspension wheels from stock Yamaha - bearings included. 11 wheels total. 12 wheels with 4th rear.
Thanks in advance.

Where are you located??

In Canada, you can get good quality replacement wheels from Royal Distributing by mail (Kimpex, I believe). The bonus is that, unlike Yamaha OE wheels (back axel), they have removable bearings and are about 1/2 the price.....

They have a good online catalogue and good customer service. If you're looking at the coloured wheels, pay the extra 3 or 4 bucks for the more expensive part #.....They are WAAAAY better than the slightly cheaper wheels.

WB.

Apex Idler Wheels

The Replacement wheels in the Yamaha accessory catalog are not the same as the lousy quality original ones. They are made by teh same people that mke the wheels for my Arctic cat and are stamped with PPD. They have replaceable bearings and are available in several colors and are in the correct sizes so the rails don't break. The only thing is that the hubs for the idler wheels need to be machined about .062 to relocate the wheels back on center due to the 15mm wide bearing rather than the 12mm original.

Back