• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 apex RTX special edition

Hill man

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 apex RTX limited edition
I just purchased a the '07 apex RTX special edition it has a 136 inch track and reverse. Does anyone know what other differences there are between it and a '07 apex RTX?

image.jpeg
Here are some pics of it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,111
Special Edition? I would say shocks ,Ohlins came on the 40th anniversary. Fox floats stock and it's a 136 , not 121 .

All the 2007 Rtx's I've seen have a 121 Pro Active rear suspension. Yours appears to have a 136 mono.
Other things that don't look like the other 07 Rtx's out there would be the Ohlins shocks, skis, yellow running board trim, yellow rear bumper, hand guards, skid plate, tunnel reinforcements, no color stripe on the seat and it looks like you have a handle riser( hard to tell tho)

Looks like they took an 07 rtx and turned it into an 08 ltx. Which, is a good thing. Probably rides better and goes faster.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Thanks very much for the comments tomanytoyz, Steiner and 779cookies.

I have taken a few more pics

Looks like they took an 07 rtx and turned it into an 08 ltx. Which, is a good thing. Probably rides better and goes faster.
or they took an 08 ltx and put 07 RTX colors and plastics on.

or they took an 08 ltx and put 07 RTX colors and plastics on.
The yellow tint in the headlights only came on the 07 RTX..... never seen the limited edition sticker on the hood.... thats a first for me.

I have the yellow tint headlight on my 09, I can't tell if these ones are tinted or not. Tunnel extension and color, and rear bumper non cladding, makes me think it began as an rtx. Those are 07 hand guards, 09 looked like the Nitro guards in red.

Never seen colored Yamaha badges that the tank and hood have. Also the stock looking .riser and trim ring are black which is unusual. Handle bar pad is also a different color than stock.
Some one has added a heated shield plugin beside the aux 12v plugin which is nicely done.
I would say you have a very special limited edition Rtx/Attak.:dunno:
What is the production year on the vin located on the tunnel?

Looks like a Hartman tunnel extension to me. Post pics of skid from side and brighter pics of the sled from the side. Looks like an RTX that someone modded to me. Can't see what the skid rails look like or if they have extensions. To dark in the pics. Awesome set of front shocks too!

those Ohlin shocks are garbage, you won't like them. let me know how much you want for them and i'll take them off your hands. hehehe. Love those shocks, like to find a pair for my XTX. couldn't so i settled for a pair of the GYTR in the meantime.

sled looks good and it looks like someone customized it. Maybe a dealer did there own special edition to move it, Yamaha never had that model available.

have fun with it.

Actually yamaha did...as tomanytoyz said, it's called an 08 "anniversary edition" ltx in white and red. I like the black version though, enjoy your new sled. Hope you get some snow, not enough here to ride and it's supposed to be getting warmer.

correct and it was in the pearl white and red/black colour combo, my buddy had one and they did have the front ohlins with the electric rear ohlins shock. Someone might have just bought parts off another sled and made there own version. looks good

Back