• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 RS VECTOR STARTER REPLACEMENT

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RS VECTOR
Hi guys.
Anyone ever replaced a starter on a 2007 RS Vector? Can i get it out from the bottom without pulling the motor. Is there a video out there anywhere i can watch that you can point me towards?
Thanks
Mike

Hi guys.
Anyone ever replaced a starter on a 2007 RS Vector? Can i get it out from the bottom without pulling the motor. Is there a video out there anywhere i can watch that you can point me towards?
Thanks
Mike
Its a pain the aZZ and it can be done if you roll the engine forward in the front mounts. I dont have instructions or a video but I have done it..

Mike, to my knowledge the 05-07 Vector (RS chassis) are the same. I've done it on a 2006. Do some searching on here and you should find other posts that explain in more detail. Yes it can be done without pulling the engine. If memory serves me correctly, pull the airbox and the battery/battery holder, pull the forward mount bolts and lift up the front of the engine (pivots on the rear mount bolts). Don't need to disconnect exhaust pipes, the flex couplings have enough give. Remove oil filter for more access from below. Starter will drop out the bottom of the chassis.

Back