• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 RTX stator/crankshaft sensor replacement

Any links to postings on raising that motor?

I have the RM stator/sensor in and ordered the crankcase cover gasket part #8FP-15451-00-00 and that is not the gasket I need anyone have the correct part #?

thank you!

Thank you Elton.

Just curious, would you know where on the micro fiche I would find this?

Also, when doing this, don't forget to order the stater cover seal. When looking at the micofiche, it does not show the gasket on the one used to show the stater..

It is listed in the section on the microfiche for Crankcase Cover 1

Finished up the stator/sensor replacement over the weekend. I had to search out the correct gasket... Yamaha had it back ordered until 2/21...I ended up getting it from Jackman Power Sports, who had one in stock. When I first turned the key, code 12 was still displayed and I thought something was wrong. I began to go through the process of clearing the codes and decided to try and start it and she fired right up and the code went away. I let it warm up, shut it down and re-started and the code appears to be gone. I'm planning a shake down ride this weekend and hope this RM Stator is reliable.

As always thank you to the TY community for all your help!!!!

I haven't posted anything in a while, but thought I would with this situation. My 2007 Apex RTX with 10k on it threw a code 12 ( crankshaft sensor) the morning after a great ride with it running awesome. It was -8F when I tried to start it and noticed the engine light and code 12 displayed. I figured I would try to the starter relay first as they were known for having bad relays. This did not fix the problem so I am now replacing the stator and sensor with an RM Stator unit. I saw the 2/21/2015 post from ranger1 and plan to follow his instructions. I hope this is the fix and would love some advise or feedback on this topic if possible.
I'm in the process of replacing stator & sensor on my 2007 Apex RTX, unfortunately I took everything apart last spring and can't remember how it goes back together. Hoping you might have any pictures or directions as to where I can find something.

Finished up the stator/sensor replacement over the weekend. I had to search out the correct gasket... Yamaha had it back ordered until 2/21...I ended up getting it from Jackman Power Sports, who had one in stock. When I first turned the key, code 12 was still displayed and I thought something was wrong. I began to go through the process of clearing the codes and decided to try and start it and she fired right up and the code went away. I let it warm up, shut it down and re-started and the code appears to be gone. I'm planning a shake down ride this weekend and hope this RM Stator is reliable.

As always thank you to the TY community for all your help!!!!
What year is your machine?
My 07 did the code 12 a few yrs ago.... didn't screw around with it, put the OEM new part numbered stator in complete. found pro caliber parts to have the best price at the time. Oh and get a new cover gasket also you'll need it.
I'm in the process of changing out my (OEM)stator & sensor but can't remember how they go back in the cover.... Took apart last spring and just getting back to it now. Any pictures or advise would be much appreciated

I have the RM stator/sensor in and ordered the crankcase cover gasket part #8FP-15451-00-00 and that is not the gasket I need anyone have the correct part #?

thank you!
8FA-15461-01-00

Here you go RickMc... This was from when I had to replace the stator and sensor using OEM parts in 08 Apex:

Stator.JPG

Sensor.JPG

Great Pics, just what I was looking for.. Thank you!

LOL, I took these pictures when replacing my stator for the exact same reason you're wanting them now, to know how everything goes back together. Glad I hung onto the pics. ;)!

Back