• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 APEX M-TX

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Found a beauty 2008 Apex m-tx. New project for me. Planning on restoring it to new condition under the plastics….as new as I can. I’m excited to ride an apex again.

IMG_2812.jpeg
IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg

I plan on cleaning it up …update repair anything that needs to be done. I wanted an apex like I used to have for trail days/hard pack conditions. Vapor blast the clutches, steering blocks, front suspension oilite bushings.
IMG_2830.jpeg
76EE8C65-C599-4906-A1FF-F62A7C0D908E.jpeg

Planning to powder coat the chaincase and battery holder. Strip and powder coat the front an arms and any rear suspension pieces. Honestly it’s very good shape for a 16 year old sled. I’m excited.

IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2828.jpeg

Coming along. Magnesium sure likes to corrode. I’ll glass bead the chain case and see how it looks. If it’s not great I’ll probably powder coat it silver.

I think I’m going to polish the belt cover, and tunnel. Not sure what else to do with it. Wet sand the rough spots and buff.

I need to order silver powder for the rear bumper, an arms and chaincase.

IMG_2847.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg

Last edited:
Coming along. Magnesium sure likes to corrode. I’ll glass bead the chain case fand see how it looks. If it’s not great I’ll probably powder coat it silver.

I think I’m going to polish the belt cover, and tunnel. Not sure what else to do with it. Wet sand the rough spots and buff.

I need to order silver powder for the rear bumper, an arms and chaincase.

View attachment 175669View attachment 175670
That’s going to look sick!!

Coming along…going to start polishing the tunnel. Planning on try the zephyr 3 step process. See how that goes. May have to do some wet sanding first.

IMG_2865.jpeg
0BC74207-3625-4B12-A298-B566495F27D3.jpeg

I just made my own Vapor blaster out of a used bench top sand blaster. Pretty cheap to do. Fine glass bead and water. Water sand drains to a pail below with sump pump that pumps the slurry

I putty up the slider buttons on the primary so nothing gets between the buttons. But it sure cleans them up nice. My sidewinder came out really good.
IMG_1969.jpeg
898ADF6E-1143-40CD-8A18-B5D46D31BB3C.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg

Are you keeping the 162 skid or swapping it for something shorter?

Back