• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 wont start!!!

John Elie

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX1
So, my 03 rx1 was running fine last week. This week won't start, no click, nothing. Battery is fine, all small fuses good and main fuse on solenoid good. If I put a screwdriver across the solenoid, it turns over perfect. I replaced the solenoid with a new Yamaha unit and same thing won't start. Any thoughts?

So, my 03 rx1 was running fine last week. This week won't start, no click, nothing. Battery is fine, all small fuses good and main fuse on solenoid good. If I put a screwdriver across the solenoid, it turns over perfect. I replaced the solenoid with a new Yamaha unit and same thing won't start. Any thoughts?
Does the dash light up?
The plug for the keyswitch is a good place to start. Unplug it and visually inspect.

I don't remember the lights every coming on with key on, but no, no lights. Starter is fine because when I jump the solenoid it's turns over fine

Did you purchase an OE solenoid or aftermarket? Are you sure it’s the correct part? The RS sleds have a solenoid/relay that looks identical, but isn’t.

Did you purchase an OE solenoid or aftermarket? Are you sure it’s the correct part? The RS sleds have a solenoid/relay that looks identical, but isn’t.
He said Yamaha but u may be on to something about the wrong one.

I don't remember the lights every coming on with key on, but no, no lights. Starter is fine because when I jump the solenoid it's turns over fine
Before you changed the solenoid was it clicking?

Sorry, missed the OE part thing. Double check the part number, pretty sure @steiner has been down this road before with the two different solenoids.

Ended up pulling each wire out of plug for solenoid to inspect. One wire had corrosion on it, cleaned and greased it now is fine. Unbelievable, cost me $100, oh well live and learn. Thanks everyone for you feedback

Back