• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Starter

I have a 2008 Nytro that is going on starter number 3 after 2 years. Any idea what is going on? Really getting tired with this tedious project. The sled turned over hard this past weekend and now it wont start at all. We thought maybe it was the relay but we jumped it and nothing. We also ran a cable to the starter from the batter with no turning over. Same problem as last time the starter went out. Any advice? Where can i get a better starter that will last? I only had about 800 miles on the last starter.

My guess is your relay is staying on after starting and the starter continues to spin while engine is running. Get yourself a starter saver if you come to the conclusion that your starter is gone. You can get one through Rockmiester (US) or Nitris (Can). A friend of mine is on starter number 3 and he finally installed a starter saver. He covered his relay with rubber to prevent any snow from getting on it. The relay would fail while breaking trail all the time and snow falling off the branches and getting in the cab and causing issues with condensation etc. That is his guess. He changes his starter in no time flat and there is no need to remove the engine on his 2010 MTX 162.

Back