• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Has Reverse But No Forward After Track Change

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
Thinking I was about done swapping the track on my sled. 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX. After testing I discovered the sled would not power the track forward. I did try reverse and that seems totally normal. I did upgrade to a 20T drive sprocket also. With the snowmobile elevated the track does move fine both forward and backward by hand. I did install new brake pads but did verify they are free when accelerating forward as the disc does move.

Wanted to see if anyone had this happen to them before I go recheck my work in the chain case.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Any help is appreciated as Ive been doing this by myself.

I would suggest that when you put the chaincase cover on you never got the shift fork engaged in the groove in lower gear so it is pushing on the outside of reverse engagement collar keeping the sled in permanent reverse.

That kinda makes sense. I will add that the reverse does only work when the lever is pulled to selection. When the lever is not engaged that's when its almost like its free spinning. But maybe there is almost like a neutral point. In which thats what it might be stuck in thus never getting in the correct position. I did have to do some adjusting to the rod ends for the reverese lever to move smoothly. I'll have to pop the cover off after work one day this week and see what I find out. I bet you're right.

Back