• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 nytro xtx track adjustment

Goombadi99

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro XTX
I just recently purchased a 2010 Nytro xtx. I completely rebuilt the front suspension. I also had all the shocks rebuilt and serviced. While I had the skid out I did the excell x 6 wheel kit . Lat night I got around to getting the sled all back together and I am pulling my hair out with track alignment. I first started by loosening the rear track adjustment all the way and eventually tightened both adjusters the same until I achieved proper track tension. I torqued everything down , started the sled and let it run the track for about 30 seconds. When I shut it down the slides were not the same distance away from the drive lugs. If I adjust the track so that the slides are even from side to side my rear axle is 1/4 further back on the left side compared to the right side. I am pulling my hair out try to get the slides lined up through the track windows and have the rear axle even on both sides. What am I doing wrong here ? Is it more important to have the axle equal left to right rather than where the slides fall in relation to the drive lugs and track windows ?

This is the difference from one side to the other on the rear axle

Attachments

• IMG_7778.jpeg
    IMG_7778.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7777.jpeg
    IMG_7777.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 24
Take a look at left side drive shaft bearing and make sure its still good.

Does the track look even all the way down the hy fax front to back?
Did you have the chaincase apart?
It is possible that lower bolt on driveshaft inside chaincase is loose or broke and when replacing lh driveshaft bearing the driveshaft was not seated all the way to the right when lh driveshaft bearing was locked down.
Causing the drivers to sit to the left.

Does the track look even all the way down the hy fax front to back?
Did you have the chaincase apart?
It is possible that lower bolt on driveshaft inside chaincase is loose or broke and when replacing lh driveshaft bearing the driveshaft was not seated all the way to the right when lh driveshaft bearing was locked down.
Causing the drivers to sit to the left.
The hyfax looks even all the way down on both sides. They are even when looking through the track windows underneath and when I measure the distance to the lugs from the inside of the track. The drive shaft appears to be straight and centered. It line back up perfectly after changing the bearing on the clutch side. Sat perfectly in the bearing retainer.

Thats good. Nothing bent then.
I would adjust track tensioner bolts the same and run it.
The track will always move side to side on the track clips when riding.

Thats good. Nothing bent then.
I would adjust track tensioner bolts the same and run it.
The track will always move side to side on the track clips when riding.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. I’ve been pulling my hair out on it. I’m just nervous because when I adjust them evenly the track clips on the right side will rub directly on the brand new hyfax I installed and didn’t want them to get chewed up

If you don't figure it out maybe put a post out for someone on here in your area to come take a look at it with you.
Hope all works out.

Back