• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Mystery Sled!!!

Did you ask them why they did not change the look of it?

I think we may have some dissapointment here. Personally im glad the look has stayed as i was worried it was all going the same look as the nytro/phazer. My cheque book will be locked up till 2012.

2011 sled

i had the pleasure to ride the sled last week and was thinking about your comment on the oversteering and understeering. i think you may have to adjust your riding style a bit because it steers so easy your waiting for the kick back on the handle bars but it never comes it takes a little getting used too.

Hey Tom, It was nice to see that you got to check out the new iron. What is up with the skis? They dont look like the new M9's? G.B.

Wow, all A's.

What about the ice maker under there. Did you had a chance to look under; is the exhaust pipe all cover up OR is there only the back braket? Are the protector look the same?

Can hardley wait to try it!

Thank you for the report.

Has anyone asked if there is a LTX version? I like playing off trail once and while and I don't think a 128" track will cut it. Other than that I am happy about whats been observed so far. Why mess with a good thing? It sounds like most of the beefs people have had have been addressed. We'll see in a couple of weeks about the power. As far as I am concerned the Apex is still the best looking sled.

2011 Mystery Sled

An OP-ED piece

I was also selected for the Yamaha Demo-Promo-Feedback-Tell em what you think ride with Tom (Mr Sled) in Hurley yesterday. First off, we had a good group of guys and no problems. The Yammy reps were cordial and took care of us. Everything was on time and well run. Props to Chris and his boyz. ;)!

As for Tom's A grades, I'll be a little less generous. I'm not accusing him of being a shill for the man, but we did give him a hard time about that tuning fork tattoo :moon: . Don't get me wrong, it is still the best 4-Stoke, period! Which is conflicting for me personally because it offends my patriotism riding a foreign sled. But that is my personal issue. I’ve bought 5 Yammy 4-strokes, so you’d think I’d be getting over it. :o|

If you are contemplating plunking down a big stack Benjamin's for an ‘11 sled expecting something new, I expect you will be disappointed. Really it is the same old, same old since ‘06. Yes there are refinements, but they are in no way worth the price of admission. Upgrading from your old Apex is only for the sake of upgrading. There is nothing revolutionary being presented.

Nearly everyone riding yesterday said the same things. Darty, inside ski lift, etc….all the same issues that have been discussed right here for years. The ride and handling were really the same as previous years. Maybe an improvement in clutching or mid-range power….hard to tell without riding your old sled simultaneously. The seat seamed to be better…again hard to tell. So... if it's hard to tell....is it really worth it.

I give them C’s across the board. Harsh….maybe….but in my opinion a revamp is overdue. If they want A’s from me…..it’ll take more than a new-old hand warmer switch and $3 worth of grease zerks.

Tom, I think your Blue Blood is showing. LOL

Frank

Now that's a change, 1st report that may or may not be more real. I don't need revolutionary, evolutionary will do. But the ski lift, high CG is what I want to go away. The spindles have to help, I guess we won't know until the 2nd if they did anything to lower the motor in the chassis. But so they lowered the sled cg 2 inches, then raised my body cg up 2-3. Net effect is TBD. The longer track, more protection, some weight savings, EPS, all sound good, but to me it has to handle better.

I stand corrected, evolutionary is a better word, when you are refining the current model, but I want a revamp or I will not spend the money to ride the same sled I already have. I've adjusted out the problems as well as possible in my current sled. They still exist in the new sled (prototype anyway). Why buy new and start over?

Back