• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Nytro Supercharged dropped cylinder ??

flyingtxn

I have a 2011 Nytro with 497 miles on it and a supercharger. I warmed it up in the parking lot, shut it off to help a friend, fired it back up and idled about 50 feet. Then it sounded like it dropped a cyclinder while idling (very rough and almost died). I rode it for 5 minutes and tried to clear it out, no luck. Put new plugs in it, no luck. Any thoughts?

Or water in gasoline.

Had a buddy's XTX at start of season that would start on 2 cylinders and eventually kick over to 3. Changed relays, and plugs and then noticed a small pool of water on bottom of tank. Changed gasoline, and runs perfect.

Before changing fuel, it would start, run badly, would eventually clean up under power or moving the sled a bit (probably the fuel mixed with the water) but if you stopped and let it sit for a while, it would start and misfire.

OTM

If it has a separate fuel controller system as I assume it does check the connections. My cousin as a MCX 180 turbo and it does the same thing. Found out there is a loose connection in the ECU harness behind the radiator that was causing it. Pushed it together tighter and you could instantly hear the difference.

Another thing is make sure you are getting spark on the cylinder that's not firing. If there is spark and compression then you aren't getting fuel (my cousins situation) then it's likely a loose connection or possibly a plugged injector.

Compression is good on all three. Cleaned the fuel tank and refilled. Bypassed tors. New plugs (old were clean and no issues). Unplugged and replugged all connectors. No change whatsoever. Reading your responses I am guessing it is down to no fire on a cylinder or plugged injector. Can anyone help with how to check those items and potential remedies if either is the case? Thanks as always!

You can pull the plug and drop some gas in the cylinder. If she fires and runs right for a minute your not getting fuel. Or you can pull the plug and rest the end on the cylinder head. Turn it over acoie of times and you will see spark. If you don't you know you aren't getting ignition

I checked and spark is good on all three. The plugs are brown on the left and middle cylinder and the right cylinder plug looks clean and new. I put fuel in the right cylinder and it fired up rough for a split second and then leveled out and then got rough again. So from your previous comment I take it I could have a plugged injector or could it be a valve? If it is the injector how do I clean and troubleshoot? Thanks again for all of your help!

Exact same symptoms as my cousins sled. Found it to be the plug was not making good connection for the pin controlling the third injector. Two 8mm bolts hold the fuel rail on. You can then pull it up and take the injector out and blow out with compressed air. I would check double check and triple check that plug though. If it's been running fine this season and this isn't gas from over summer I can't imagine the injector is plugged. Doesn't seem to be a common problem. You may even be able to unclip the wire connector hooked to the cylinder not firing and start the sled to see if power is being supplied to that injector with a voltmeter.

Ok it keeps going. I replaced the injectors and the wiring harness going to them. Checked and double checked the connections. Still not getting the third cylinder to fire. When I take the fuel rail off fuel runs out so the best I can tell, I am getting fuel to the injector, the injector isn't the issue and the new wiring harness didn't fix it. I am perplexed.

Ok just ran an experiment and narrowed it to electrical. I plugged all wires in and fired it. When I pulled the connector off number three nothing changed. Put it back on and pulled the wire off numer two and it died. Same thing with number one. So I switched and connected the number two connector to the third injector and the third connector to the second. Still ran rough. When I pulled the connector off two nothing happened. Replaced it and pulled three and it died.
Conclusion is that I am not getting juice to the connector for the third injector. I switched wiring harnesses (the one that connects to the injectors) and no change.

So where do I head next to trace the electrical issue to the injector? Thanks!

Back