• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 xtx rpm's and top speed?

Went riding today and now my xtx is pulling 10700rpm at 900 miles sure feels stronger with the added rpms pulls like a freight train :Rockon:

Top speed

I have an 07 Apex GT with about 2500 miles and top speed on speedo is 114. Have a new 11 Apex XTX with about 500 miles and only got 102. Same question , will it get faster after it is broken in?

I have 1100 miles and getting 99.9-101.6
RPM was about 10,400 to 10,500

I have heel clicker 2 speed and need to play with them a little I think. Dont really know what I'm doing though.
This was on about 5 in of snow on a railroad bed.

Before I tinker I want to try on the lake where it is hard and and not much snow.

Finally had my shorty wake up around 2000 miles. I was beginning to wish I would have kept my '06 Attak. That sled was a monster.

My revs are hitting 10,600 +- 100 rpm and I'm easily seeing 110mph or higher. Hit 118 mph on the railroad grade and would have gotten more out or her had I not run into snow dust. Very happy now that it's running as I initially expected. Sled is all stock.

jf

Re: Top speed

pup55 said:
I have an 07 Apex GT with about 2500 miles and top speed on speedo is 114. Have a new 11 Apex XTX with about 500 miles and only got 102. Same question , will it get faster after it is broken in?
Im at a little over 1000 mile and put th pc5 with air box mod with ulmer mapping and this thing rips now picked up 500 rpm and just checked the fuel milage today and so far a half a mile better. Im sure it will get better with miles because my o6 ran very strong with 9000 miles. Keep driving!!!!!!!!!!

pup55 said:
How much was you pc5 set up? Both my 07 and the 11 are stock. Like you said my 07 goes.
PC5 from Ulmer was $375.00 shipped and did my air box lid myself.

Attachments

• air.jpg
    air.jpg
    709.4 KB · Views: 172
icebreaker said:
pup55 said:
How much was you pc5 set up? Both my 07 and the 11 are stock. Like you said my 07 goes.
PC5 from Ulmer was $375.00 shipped and did my air box lid myself.
Glued in some filter foam on the back side. Cant even see the mod under the hood.

Attachments

• lid.jpg
    lid.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 111
pup55 said:
Looks great. Should I wait till it is broken in before I do mod?
I personally don't think it matters as long you don t run for long wide open runs for long periods of time like any break-ins.

Back