• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX gas mileage?

RDPOWER

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 YAMAHA APEX XTX
I see Yamaha made the gas tanks 9.2 gals on the 2011, I don't really care so much about miles per gal. I care more about range. I have an 07 Apex gt and it has a 10 gal tank, I wish it had more range for when I go on saddlebag trips. So what do you guys think? Yamaha says the 2011 have 5% more horsepower, but will it get better or worse gas mileage? I don't understand Yamaha advertising this as a high milage trail machine but they gave it a smaller gas tank. They said they listen to their customers so which one of you guys told them you want a smaller gas tank? (I would like to know who to blame)

Government told them.
They had to make the tanks with thicker wall's to meet the new regulations.

:o|

Riceburner said:
Government told them.
They had to make the tanks with thicker wall's to meet the new regulations.

:o|

This is true but Yamaha knew the regulations before they designed the new apex. I can understand when the regulations came out they had to refit the current Apex but on the 2011 they have a new seat, exst, ect. why such a small tank?

So what do you guys think will the new sled get better fuel mileage?

06GT, How did you get a 10 gallon tank on your 07 Apex? I have an 07 Apex, and have had an 06 Apex, and both would only hold 9.6 gallons, when they were bone dry, and that stupid white tube removed out of the Tank. Now my 05 RX1, and 04 warrior, and my 07 Rage have 10 gallon tanks, but not my Apex's.

I can only guess the new power steering motor takes up space in front of the tank which needed room at the expense of tank size. I think they'll be no problem going 110-120 miles per tank which seems to be the longest needed on most saddle bag trips. I do agree though, bigger is always better. At least they didn't throw in the Nytro 28L tank.

Dan

Back