• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Apex keeps blowing headlight fuse

yamaouch08

Expert
Website
www.chapmanssports.com
Hello, I have a 2012 Apex XTX and was on a trip last weekend and my headlights stopped working.. So I brought it home torn apart and looked into it and noticed the headlight fuse was blown so I replaced it and it blew again.. What could cause this? I'm not very electrical savvy lol thanks for the any help.

I would get a hold of @Rockmeister to see if it is his HID kit and if so, I'm sure he could hook you up with just the parts you need to get your HID working again. I have his HID kit on both my 18 and 08 Apex's and cannot image going back to a stock bulb.

Started happening to my '13 Apex last year, with HID's. Ended up replacing the HID kit entirely, but eventually one bulb kept going out this year. Turned out being a burned out white plastic junction block where the headlight plug is. White caps with black covers on them.

Thanks for the input..I just removed the HID kit because I've had nothing but problems with them..some times they fire sometimes they don't..annoying when you just want to ride!! I'm going to try out some led bulbs..2 of my buddies have been running led bulbs for a couple years with no problems!

i know rock's led kit works well. i burnt mine up from using them for 4 season.

put the led's in..they look great but haven't rode at night with them yet..now i have another problem,started the apex and let it run then it stalled out and now won't start? just turns over,i hear the fuel pump and once in awhile it'll fire and try to start..wth..thinking maybe a fouled plug?

yup, you fouled a plg or 3 yamaouch08.

Back