• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Apex pulls big train on skidoo etecs

rsolom6

Veteran
See youtube video:2013 Apex vs Skidoo 800 E-Tec's located at: rsol450 videos in youtube. desroyed all three etecs all sleds stock. body weight lighter than me 200-210 vs 215 lbs. On the groomed quebec trail straights it was maybe a sled or two. icy road way whole different game. Glad I got the Apex! :Rockon: :Rockon:

103 3.25 studs. Everybody was spinning from the holeshot so we had to do a roll on 15 mph.

yea thats me in the yellow jacket passed my boy's like a freight train passed a bum lol

His motor is now shot while your Apex motor didn't break a sweat. Don't forget you 1st valve adjustment at........25,000 miles!!!!! :Rockon:

So you have the standard shocks? how does it ride? I'm looking into a 2011 Apex std but I was wondering which I should look for XTX std or SE for something better than my Ohlins mono on my 06. Found a good price on a 2011 Standard apex are the shocks better than mine?

re

I have the standard model. The shocks worked ok for my style and the conditions. There was alot of snow in quebec and it snowed while we were there so some of the trails were not groomed during the fresh snow. I rode the Etecs and there was some snow bumps for a few miles on some trails. I didnt think there was much difference. I have 6" duece bars and felt some push in the corners but the snow was loose. When I got on fresh groomed trails it railed the corners. I think unless you are pounding the bumps the standard suspension is fine. My boys are trying to figure out if the new 2014 cat/yamaha is the new answer. The new 14 skidoos were released last night with no big hammers released like the old machZ. :yam:

rsolom6 said:
103 3.25 studs. Everybody was spinning from the holeshot so we had to do a roll on 15 mph.

Did any of the other studded?

Murse said:
So you have the standard shocks? how does it ride? I'm looking into a 2011 Apex std but I was wondering which I should look for XTX std or SE for something better than my Ohlins mono on my 06. Found a good price on a 2011 Standard apex are the shocks better than mine?

the 2012 has better valving supposedly...many have said so....the xtx rides like truck in the stutters but will take a giant bump better...the s/e ...well if the air spring fails (and they have) you are rear suspension collapsed and virtually dead in the water...

the standard is the premium ride over the widest range of groomed trail....

Back