• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 nytro xtx 1.75 supercharged swapping to 1.25 track

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
Hi there

Just wondering if any one has swap a 1.75 back country track to a 1.25.
I just picked up a xtx 1.75 SC and i'm finding it a tad dangerous on ice. because its not
studded. Now ive been looking around and it looks like you cant stud the 1.75 track.
I'm thinking of swapping the track to a 1,25 lug and studding it.

Has anyone done this yet? And have you run into any problems?
I noticed the xtx doesnt have any tunnel protectors. How hard hard are they to put in and have you run into problems. There seems to be iceing up from the tunnel protectors after installing. people are saying.

This is the first 4 stroke ive owned so its alittle different then a 2 stroke studding thing.

Any help or pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Totally agree with Pete
My sled partner installed that track... on a 1200 MxZ Blizzard.
On ice, it's not as good as a 1.25 studded track but very close.
It's the best compromise you can get...
I'll be my next track

Thanks Pete and Broue. Sounds like it mite be the only way to do it. Is with pre studded. . I'd rather have traditional studs BUT does look like it could be down. So pre studded is better then no studs. Plus it's a tad smaller in height which mite be good also.
Still going to search out if it can be done with smaller lug and traditional studs also but at least I have part number for the track.

Thanks guys.
Jason

Good luck. I'm sure it will workout either way.

Pete

Thanks for the reply guys. Been doing some research and i'm thinking i'm going to
go with an Ice Attack XT. Pretty much ever lug is studded and lug hieght is 1.22. Which is good for my area
as anything taller then 1.35 is to tall.Tends to ripe or tear lugs off track as it has done to the stock 1.75.

What kind of riding do you do?

That ice attack track will have very little traction, those pre molded studs do almost nothing. Is the sled supercharged? you said XTX SC?

either way, if you like to drive fast and aggressive, there is no substitute for real studs. You will need tunnel protectors if you put the 1.25 track with studs.

I was thinking ice attack just because it had studs already in lugs plus i was going to put traditional studs in too.(not much
difference in cost of bare track compared to ice attack. So i figured every little bit help.

The Nytro is supercharged (bought it that way) I do mostly trail riding in Kingston Ontario area.
I don't necessary drive fast. more for traction on ice condition (so it doesnt spin out)

Yes I noticed it doesnt have tunnel proctors . due to track lug hieght.

So i need to get them too.

I'm still trying to get used to engine breaking not sure yet. hopefully I can.

Thanks for comments BigPhil.

I think with a SC those pre-studded tracks won't give you the traction you are looking for...... traditional studs all the way

Thats what I was thinking Tylooor. Theres not much difference in price from pre studded and non pre studded. So I just figured get the pre studded track and then fill with traditional studs aswell. More the better I say. lol

Ya royal distributing is having their no tax sale soon (if you miss this one-they always have one in the fall) and it's the best time to buy a new track.

the snowmobile show in the fall in Toronto is the best place to buy studs

I have an xtx and it does have tunnel protectors but I also had a 1.25 track Oem. Yes I studded with 1.625 studs down the center. To combat the icing problem I installed an alum plate directly across the protectors. I ride aggressive trails and back country. No marks on the alum plate at all. I suspect you will be fine studding your track.

Back