• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-Should I come back?

ronnie1

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Sidewinder RTX SE
Been gone for a year-bought a 2013 8oo ETEC last year. Great handling sled, but little things-exhaust sensor, loose battery cables and that constant vibration from that ETEC 2 stroke, has me contemplating coming back to Nytro. I can get a heckuva deal on a leftover 2014 up in Northern MN and I am tempted. I had a 2010 Nytro prior to the ETEC and "liked" it but didn't "LOVE"it, and my hatred of 2 strokes and the low price of the Nytro has me thinking of coming back. Would like the Viper-but there is about a $2000 price difference in what I can get Viper VS Nytro. Any advice?

If you are thinking about it that means you want to come back
Yes sir-you are right. I just felt like when I rode the Nytro-I was the "guy nobody wanted to pick". Plus there were sooo many things I had to change on my 2010 to make it more trail friendly. Just am trying to do some research on this 2014 to see how much it's improved. I'm a glutton!

I feel ya on the never ending list of fixes that we all love to talk about and end up calling them "mods", lol. At the end of the day it is a great engine and strong chassis. The fixes only make the Nytro rock solid and long lasting. That's why I love it and will have it for years to come. I just spent my Saturday adding a couple hundred dollars worth of 135 mm idler wheels to help slider wear. I have so much invested in mods it is crazy. But I love it. I'm learning a lot about this sled. Rant over... Buy the Nytro and enjoy being the guy with a sled you can't kill! :sled1:

I feel ya on the never ending list of fixes that we all love to talk about and end up calling them "mods", lol. At the end of the day it is a great engine and strong chassis. The fixes only make the Nytro rock solid and long lasting. That's why I love it and will have it for years to come. I just spent my Saturday adding a couple hundred dollars worth of 135 mm idler wheels to help slider wear. I have so much invested in mods it is crazy. But I love it. I'm learning a lot about this sled. Rant over... Buy the Nytro and enjoy being the guy with a sled you can't kill! :sled1:
I know I probably will. We'll see. The dealer should respond to my offer by tomorrow! I'm usually not one to buy the same sled, but I'm sick of getting new ones and this deal is soo good that I won't be in debt. Hopefully the 14 has some of the improvements that make it better. Cheers

I'll never own a 2 smoke again. As P2P said Yes we have done allot of fixes we call "mods" But I've already seen enough 2 smokes being towed. (been there) I can"t rave enough about the dependability. I've owned my Nytro for 5 years and have toiled with wheels, block off plates, donuts, skis etc, etc. Just put a set of DDM HID's on Saturday. I will say that when the wife and I jump onto our Yammies and head out onto trails in Northern Saskatchewan where the only help is Bullwinkle, we don't worry about it. Besides it kicks my buddies 1200 4 stroke Doo Doo's arse.
By the way just admit you really miss the guys on this forum.......LOL

I'll never own a 2 smoke again. As P2P said Yes we have done allot of fixes we call "mods" But I've already seen enough 2 smokes being towed. (been there) I can"t rave enough about the dependability. I've owned my Nytro for 5 years and have toiled with wheels, block off plates, donuts, skis etc, etc. Just put a set of DDM HID's on Saturday. I will say that when the wife and I jump onto our Yammies and head out onto trails in Northern Saskatchewan where the only help is Bullwinkle, we don't worry about it. Besides it kicks my buddies 1200 4 stroke Doo Doo's arse.
By the way just admit you really miss the guys on this forum.......LOL
Yes-I was not impressed with the ETEC engine. I guess probably because I had been with a 4stroke for 4 years prior to buying the Ski Doo. Granted-the 800 I just sold would probably smoke my former nytro after about 60mph, BUT, I just LOVE the smooth power delivery of the Yammi's not to mention that instant torque, AND NO VIBRATION!. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Still waiting to hear from the dealer in regards to my offer!

I am 36 and think I've had 14 sleds? 1/2 new and 1/2 used

I mod almost everyone, some very extreme, some minor. Last year I bought a 2010 Nytro with 2,000 miles and 2 more years of warranty. I always wanted one. It's "modded" and there is more I would like to do BUT I am not selling it as usual right now. To me its like my 04 REV that blew up but it's reliable! Maybe not the most advanced sled on the planet but I just flat out like it.

I have had a nytro rtx since 08. It was a handling piece of junk and I have done a lot of mods since. I have since added a complete Excell exhaust system with pc3, drag n fly clutching. Will be changing clutching for the weights are worn out cheaply made. I put on a trail tank, split rail ski's system and star relocation kit and 136 track,this is similar to the new viper. If this sled came out like this set up earlier there would have been no need for a cat chassis.

Back