• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I think what we're seeing here is the result of 2 companies in somewhat desperate positions. One in need of updated chassis and suspensions and another facing the prospects of having no engines in the very near future.
I just hope what we're going to see is some technology sharing and not simply a rebaging of certain models. I don't think anyone will happy with the latter arrangement. :Rockon:

What is all the fuss about, unless I am reading this wrong, this is just the Cat announcement on what they are going. We do not know anything yet about what Yamaha is going to do with their sleds. Keep the faith!

I got some info from a reliable source last night, and was asked not to post. 5 new viper models based on Cat's chassis, with non turbo'd nytro motors. All other models will still be sold. Be so much better if they just built these vipers in Japan, I hear the Cat facility is a joke.

Sounds like lazyness to me! Yamaha does'nt want to build there own chaisis, taking shortcuts! So Yamaha is back in the 2 stroke business, would you like it in a 2 stroke or 4, blue, green, black, or red? Not sure what to feel just yet, i have mixed fellings.

What scares me is how yamaha looks like they may want to be a supplier of engines and parts instead of a sled manufacturer. Being the next Suzuki or evenrude . If anything it makes a heck of a lead for mpi in the boost market. This doesn't feel good. My yamaha dealer may want to get a Cat franchise as a back up plan.

low slung said:
The yamaha sled division is toast :o|

It sure looks like the beginning of the end. There's not much point to them continuing if they are giving AC the same engines to put in the same chassis...it will make more sense for them to just supply engines and get out of production.

Jtsrx is/was right the whole time!!

Back