• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 chain case leak

Damn. I'm gonna grab a trickle charger. It definitely seems a strong battery is a lot safer for kickbacks

Don't get a trickle charger get a Battery Tender. There are many types but I use the Motomaster ones from Canuck Tire. When on sale they are around $35.00. I have one on all my quads and sleds. There are others that may be better but these do work and they maintain the battery after it hits full charge. I used to have to replace my quad batteries every two years as they would freeze. No issues since.

It's Chain case, I looked into my window and it was almost empty.
Can you actually see the oil level line in the chain case? Last winter, I thought mine was empty because I couldn't see any oil, and it looked empty. I took it into the dealer, and it was only after draining it that the mechanic realized the case was actually filled above the sight glass. I felt pretty stupid, but then again, the mechanic couldn't tell either!

I read on another site some of the guys picking up their 2016 turbo cats are also leaking.. TRF quality control at its finest..

Damn. I'm gonna grab a trickle charger. It definitely seems a strong battery is a lot safer for kickbacks

I went and picked up an Optimate this morning and it will now be on the maintainer year round. I agree that a faster cranking engine is much less likely to kick back, hopefully the new flash will come soon!

After riding a cat turbo for the last 4 seasons, racking up almost 11,000 miles, I have been in the chain case a COUPLE of times. Today on the 2016 LTX-LE, I pulled the chaincase to do a track swap, boy do I wish I had the cat back.Getting that case off was a M----- F------. The cat was easy as all get out, this Viper with the spaghetti bowl of oil lines, sheesh. Went to the hardware store and got allen heads to put back in. Hate those torx. The NORMAL style circlips are sure nice, compared to the Eaton clip cat used. Did not see any leaks before disassembly, but the thing only had .1 miles on it , so I dont think the dealer did much for setup. Gonna be on the lookout for leaks after filling.

I went and picked up an Optimate this morning and it will now be on the maintainer year round. I agree that a faster cranking engine is much less likely to kick back, hopefully the new flash will come soon!
Optimate should have come with a pigtail to connect directly to battery. Hook it up and feed through seat bracket at the back. Then when you get home just plug in. Works great been doing that since 14 when I got mine. Bad news it didn't eliminate my kick backs but it's easy to keep battery up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just came from the Toronto snow show. Walked over to a new viper and put my hand under a new red viper and had oil all over my hand and showed the northern Ontario sales REP if he could get me a rag to wipe the oil off my hand from his chain case.

Just came from the Toronto snow show. Walked over to a new viper and put my hand under a new red viper and had oil all over my hand and showed the northern Ontario sales REP if he could get me a rag to wipe the oil off my hand from his chain case.
Oooo my! What did the rep say

That's a little weird. My leak wasn't chain oil. I'm pretty sure it was a little mess from when the dealer did the turbo and gearing.
As much complaining as we do. I'm sure you'll agree, this is gonna be one of the best looking sleds on the trails!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 162
I checked every cat and viper at the sled show in Toronto. I only found one that wasn't wet One of the cat dealers told me that they had already fixed a couple 15's.

Back