• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Phazer TORS problems

hank

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'16 RsVector XTX 1.75
'07 Phazer GT
'16 Phazer RTX
I have a 2016 Phazer RTX that I purchased used. Sled starts and idles fine but hesitates when I feather the throttle and try to engage the clutch- it is worse in reverse.

I haven't noticed code 84 but seems likely that the issue is related to the Throttle Position Sensor.

I haven't opened the sled up yet but so far I'm confused what i can find on adjusting the sensor.

Anyone have tips and/or a quick video?

Thanks!
Hank

Do you have stock bar and risers or aftermarket? You may need to adjust the free play on the throttle. I know I had a slight hesitation 1/4 throttle and replaced the tps. You can go into diagnostic mode and check your throttle and see what the numbers do. I believe there is a thread here on getting into diagnostic mode.

@kirkswim as the 09 did it quite frequently. some of it was fussy tors switch, and i think he did end up doing the tps on it. if it does it with tors overridden on bar end, it is the tps acting up.

Thanks for the reply, the Phazer is stock.

My experience with Yamaha/TORS goes back to carbureted sleds, the EFI/TPS side is new to me.

Thanks for the reply, the Phazer is stock.

My experience with Yamaha/TORS goes back to carbureted sleds, the EFI/TPS side is new to me.
Tors is really no different on current sleds. 90% of the issue is in the cable or handlebar end. Feed it some more cable up to the top, and if it's a TORS issue, it may go away.

I know our viper has a TPS issue, and that was a common problem. But the service manual and the guys here showed how to zero out the tps and it no longer stalls on sharp corners.

I never had that issue on the phazer or apex sleds without a code 84, but I suppose it's possible. Check a TPS reset in the service manual.

Good luck!

Well, the TPS diagnostic tests good. Smooth operation 15 to 97 - no skips, jumps or jitter.

Does this test adequately cover the voltage output as described in the service manual or it is that the next check to perform?

Thanks.
-Hank

Back