• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 phazer code 84 help!

Thornton3280

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 yamaha phazer base
I have a 2007 phazer with code 84 (tors). I went into diagnostics at no throttle I have 14 and at wot I have 103. Also the numbers go up smooth with no jumping. I know it's suppose to be at 18 to 100. Sled runs but if I slam the throttle it will die but if I ease into it the sled won't miss a beat. Sometimes it will be in limp mode also. My kill switch was broken an I fixed that then about a week later I started getting 84 when I'd start the sled and then it would disappear. Now it's on and off multiple times while riding it. I also checked my cable play and it's good I believe. Any help is great ik I have an adjustable tps but i haven't ever screwed with one of those. Also does anyone know how to multi meter the tps thank you

have you tried it with tor's bypassed? the 09 i had had a fussy handlebar switch that ended up having dirty contacts in the throttle block.

No I'm going to try that tomorrow just bought a digital manual is it OK to leave it bypassed

not reccomended as that system prevents a runaway with a frozen throttle cable. guys have done it but installed tether to stay safe.

Check your throttle switch on/off in diagnostics mode.

When I push the throttle all the way slowly it says on then off once I release tension doesn't have any spots where it changes threw the throttle movement

If it stays "on" until you completely release the throttle then it should be fine. If you're at say 1/2 throttle and you let up only slightly, does it stay "on" ? It should.

Sounds like all is good with TORS at this moment. Maybe check it again when it starts acting up. Intermittent electrical problems are always so much fun!

You could unplug the two single wire connectors getting the throttle block assembly (TORS wires) and plug them into each other on the engine harness side. This will bypass TORS for testing purposes. This is not recommended as a fix as it could result in bad things happening if the throttle ever stuck open. Just be familiar with the kill switch location during your "testing" phase.

Screenshot_20220215-102233_Gallery.jpg

That's what I did for now when it fires up it comes on then goes away could mins later its on again I checked free play in thumb throttle an now I have the diagnostic numbers at 17-101 changed out whole throttle assembly with new throttle cable still have the code 84

Back